MOTORHEAD 2011

UAL875

So somehow, someway I did not see a Motorhead gig in 2010. Not necessarily news that would stop the presses, shut down this board or cause four nuclear reactors to melt but given I caught up with Lemmy and the boys in 2006 (Philadelphia), 2007 (Osaka), 2008 (Springsteen’s Asbury Park) and 2009 (Calgary) something needed to be done. And oh wow did I do it. A fortnight ago the Motorheads cut through the eastern seaboard of the States and I intercepted them in lovely Sayreville, NJ and then, the next night, at the ever-popular slot machine capital, Atlantic City.

Sayreville, for those reading but never been, is the epicenter of everything that the stinkpit New Jersey represents. Smelly smokestacks, prisons, 10 lane motorways filled with semis, overly industrialized – you get the picture. Promoting The World is Yours to about 1,000 metalheads still stuck in the 80’s the band plowed through their classics – No Class, Shoot You in the Back, Killed by Death, Metropolis, Going to Brazil, In the Name of Tragedy…. You know the deal. The best part was the volume – louder than loud. A wall of sound that you feel, not hear. Enough to make the ears ring at work the entire next day. And a great crowd. Those hicks in Sayreville may have no lives outside of seeing Lemmy – but for the 80 minutes of Rock & Roll they were a crazy bunch of fuckers. In fact some nutty bitch threw my wonderful Motorhead cap on stage – normally that would lead to punches but she was so hammered and, and – haha – so entertaining that she was given a pass. Too bad she was such a piggy in appearance (what would one expect in Jersey anyway?) cause she was up for something as her hands were on my ass the whole night. You never know what you will find at a Motorhead gig. Like a walk through the moors on a moonless night.

Unfortunately Atlantic City was not as wild, sad to say. The venue – The House of Blues – was designed more for The Blues Brothers than a band that opens up with Iron Fist. I did not lose any head gear. No skelly girls grabbing my cock. It was not even loud. Fuck me. But the Motorheads delivered despite the challenges – Rock & Roll at its best. Capped with 3 minutes of feedback after Overkill! Take that House of Blues! :neener:

Now kiddies, looking at the official website (www.iMotorhead.com) I understand they will be in Australia next week – Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and the Gold Coast. I can not make those gigs – too fucking far. But I know a few of you live Down Under and are going to respond with a concert report, right? Lemmy was looking somewhat ancient up there so I suggest you put your kangaroo burger and Fosters down and reserve your ticket pronto. My gut tells me he will not be able to hit the road like he has been doing the past decade that much longer. You heard it from Uncle UAL first. [color:blue]Love me like a reptile![/color] :bow:

Last time they toured Downunder I was in BKK a few weeks before they arrived. Friend who owned a funky clothing shop in Sydney asked me to try and get some Motorhead T-Shirts.

Went to Chatuchuk on the saturday before I left and bought 50 @ 60 baht each. Got home and sold them to her for $15 a piece (my cost about $2) and she sold them in her store for $25 :yay: Everyone was happy.

Archived