3 Incheon International Airport

4 Munich Airport

5 Beijing Capital International Airport

6 Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

7 Zurich Airport

8 Auckland International Airport

9 Kuala Lumpur International Airport

10 Copenhagen Airport

In a nine month customer survey that attracted more than 11.38 million participants, HKIA has been named as the Worlds Best Airport by air travellers across the globe. This is the 8th time that HKIA has achieved this success. "After another extremely successful airport survey, and a nail biting finish that resulted in three star performing airports battling it out during the final weeks to see which would take first place, we congratulate HKIA on achieving this top airport title. The ratings for HKIA show some considerable improvements during the last year, particularly in security and immigration processing that served to enhance customer satisfaction levels. Fast and easy access to downtown Hong Kong, combined with the bright and airy terminal ambiance, superb shopping facilities to place HKIA in top position. As the winner of Best Airport Dining Award, the food and beverage outlets clearly played their part in this years success for HKIA.

A perennial favourite of air travellers worldwide, and the 2010 top airport winner, Changi Airport Singapore was a very close runner up ranking 2nd best airport in 2011. "During the survey period Changi Airport has been undergoing some major terminal refurbishment. This may have impacted slightly on customer satisfaction, because in many areas such as security and immigration, terminal cleanliness and comfort we saw an improvement in customer satisfaction" said Edward Plaisted of Skytrax. Changi Airport did score two major achievements in the survey winning the title of Best International Transit Airport and Best Airport for Leisure Amenities. Any travellers that have spent an extended time in Changi will appreciate the vast array of leisure options that this airport provides.

Incheon International Airport, the overall award winner in 2009 was similarly in very close contention, securing 3rd place in the results. "Incheon is rapidly becoming a true customer favourite, delivering many new benchmarks in terms of airport comfort and user friendliness". This years survey result yet again points to something of an elite three airports that presently dominate customer satisfaction ratings, and in recent years we have seen HKIA, Changi and Incheon fighting it out to secure the award of Worlds Best Airport - this year of course HKIA being the proud winner of the title. Incheon scored notable success and recognition of its high quality standards, winning the Staff Service Excellence Award amongst Asian Airports and ranked Best in the World for Terminal Cleanliness standards.

Munich Airport ranked 4th in the world and is the repeat winner of the Best Airport Europe title, "Convenience, terminal comfort and Bavarian hospitality all seem to impress users of this Airport", said Edward Plaisted of Skytrax. "And clearly the overall consistency and reliability that users experience at this airport are a key factor to their success".

Link

Singapore Changi Airport is totally overrated. Terminal 1 is a total mess at the moment. Last two times i waited 30-40 minutes for a taxi; some old retired guys tried to organize taxi areas but it went very slowly and outside the airport there were long queues of taxis waiting. at the immigration out of Singapore I also queued over half a hour, no fasttrack at all. the secutiry check at the gate is also inconvenient; most other airports have it done after check in.

Munich is also overrated! long walking ways and two complete security checks for flights out to USA

Incheon immigration is also a mess! for all non korean airlines, walking ways are very long...

Guest lazyphil

BKKT, whats wrong with LAX?...i've flown here several times and quite recently and seemed ok to me. KL and Singapore didn't really stand out to me, yes ok.....heathrow gets blasted but is actually ok......bit of a firefox v IE numpty syndrome here!

Link

Imagine JFK's awful Terminal 3, except expanded to an entire international airport. Now you're halfway to imagining the misery that is LAX. I've flown through almost every terminal here, and each one seems worse than the last. Dirty, outdated facilities. Surly and/or incompetent staff. Impossible transfers (options: hoping for a shuttle bus, or getting run over by 8 lanes of traffic). Security is still haphazardly shoehorned into the old terminals, resulting in confusing arrangements and lengthy backups, and customs/immigration at the TBIT is at best, slow and disorganized. The only positive thing I can venture to say about LAX is that with the wonderful southern california climate, weather delays are almost unheard of!

Archived