Just need to make it Easter ...

gobbledonk

Hi All,

The Easter break in Oz will be 5 days this year, and I've got my sights set on it. '5 days ?' I hear you cry from your Heathen perch on Soi 52 ?

It wouldnt normally be this long, but Easter jut happens to line up with ANZAC Day this year (April 25) and that means we will be free from Friday, 22nd right through to the dreaded return to work on Wednesday, 27th April.

I have little doubt that many Australians will be on flights bound for Asia, particularly with our dollar at an all-time high, and thats precisely why I'll be staying right here. If you find yourself stuck in some hideous queue at Subarnapoom, condolences :)

Gobble

WollongBONG, eh Phil - very cute :)

Bada, would 5 days be enough to get it out of your system and still dribble into work on the 27th ? I've had those fantasies about leaving on the Thursday night, straight out to the airport and just forego sleep until they drag your sorry carcass back onto the plane, but I just dont have that kind of stamina. I did have a job where I could have gone to sleep in the office and I walked out because too many other slackers did exactly that.

Red, I think QLD follows the same lead as you Vics, but its all there in black-and-white on the NSW IR site:

http://www.industrialrelations.nsw.gov.au/About_NSW_IR/Public_Holidays.html

Easter Monday #Tuesday, 26 April

Suffer in ya jocks, people :)

Archived