It's almost that time again!

Flashermac

For the past few years I would just hunker down at the ranch and not go out or go out early (before 10 AM or after 8 PM) when it was quite safe.

It has become much safer riding the bike down Sukhumvit was the BiB will run off the water throwers.

Was a real turn-off when around Suk Soi 64 they were throwing buckets of water at passing motorbikes and several bikes got knocked down! The BiB were on the spot but the damage was done, several folks scraped up from the crash on the motorbike.

Of course they passed a law outlawing the pickups from going around with barrels of water but the BiB seemed to ignore the law, never seen any pickup get arrested or anything.

This year, I'll go to the Devil's lair (Isaan) and wear my water wings! what the hey... :dunno:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fact it is against the law to throw anything at moving vehicles. A taxi driver yesterday told me how he hates Songkran because of the idiots who put white powder into the water and throw it at car. It covers the windshield/windscreen and you can't see where you are going!

Sitting in a large field and i was watching a medium sized morlum, 10 girls in rotation. It's the small nearby the village special day. They are now awarding the 'miss town', the girl not a good choice of winner, now it's who has the nicest garden! Plus best small stall in the market. It man be a while before the morlum starts again!

Archived