hairdressing not allowed by farang?

mandm

hi all,im new here a forty something fella..Ive been told that hairdressing is a protected trade.Can anybody comment on this as it can greatly affect my long term plans to relocate.Are there any ways around it.If i were to marry a thai would it still apply? my thanks :grin:

hi all,im new here a forty something fella..Ive been told that hairdressing is a protected trade.Can anybody comment on this as it can greatly affect my long term plans to relocate.Are there any ways around it.If i were to marry a thai would it still apply? my thanks :grin:

Your friend is right ~ It's on the list. Married or not.

Haircutting, hairdressing or beauty treatments.

Thai Restricted Occupations

If a farang would be famous enough and do hair for the hiso and royal family, there would be nothing said.

A friend carries on with a restricted profession but he has done work for the royal family and no Thai dared to say a word! so it can happen, just depends :dunno:

Huh I juxt heard yesterday about an Italian hairdresser whom set up shop somewhere in bangkok. Some hiso Thais were telling me how good he is.

Many foreign hair stylist and make up artists around in the tvc/movie and tv industry here.

There are always ways around everything in this country. As long as you do not piss off to many people.

W

That is true Flash. If you piss a thai off they usually do not go to the police but will take other measures.

One of the foreigners I played comedy with was the first one to start his own comedy group. In the beginning he was doing reasonable and the Thais were helping him. Then he started behaving badly towards a few of them, thinking he was there .....

They made sure he didn't get one job anywhere anymore. They never harassed him or anything. They just played the "we are Thais and if you let this farang play we will not come anymore card".

But none of them even thought about going to the police or anything like that!

W

Archived