Silver

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the American Silver war, silver got up to almost $3.00 an ounce. Bt 1881 it was over $1.00 an ounce. When the Great Depression happened, silver was worth about $.25 (a quarter).

I suspect the price is rising because the dollar is worth less. But silver could end up becoming a demon like real estate in the USA has become if the value drops dramatically.

The "experts" are saying that as the US dollar continues to decline, precious metals will go up.

Since the US credit rating was cut (last week?) by S&P, the dollar has weakened and precious metals have gone up. What gold over $1500?

I bought silver coins just as a backup to have a hard currency if/when things really hit the shitter.

So far my investment is up 50% in a few months, so smiling about that but no intentions to sell and reap the profit.

I like gold, but just too darn expensive. $1500 and all you get is a little bit (1 oz.). Of course if/when it hits $2000, that will be another story!

BangkokT

I think your yearly percentages are a little low. I bought some 100 oz. bars of silver a year ago Feb. for $15 and change. And 6.25% for gold is more like a year to date figure. I was going to import 1 yr. gold chart but I'm incompetent.

Soi biker

Archived