Hi, I'm John

I'm an Australian national with more than 20 years' experience as a journalist, photographer, videographer and copy editor.

I've spent extensive periods of time working in Africa and throughout Southeast Asia and previously held senior editorial staff positions with various Southeast Asia English language publications and international news agencies.

As a photo-journalist I'vecovered major world events including the 1991 pillage riots in Zaire, the 1994 Rwanda genocide, the 1999 East Timor independence unrest, the 2004 Asian tsunami, and the 2009 Songkran riots in Bangkok.

In 1995 I was a Walkley Award finalist, the highest awards in Australian journalism, for my coverage of the 1995 Zaire (now Democratic Republic of Congo) Ebola outbreak.

Visit my photo-journ's newsblog

[sorry, but I do not allow free advertising like that - KS]

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bust, please read again. The [Walkley] awards (plural) are the highest awards in journalism in Australia and the Gold Walkley is the peak Walkley Award each year.

How do you suggest citing references to external topics without links?

Citing external sources is the accepted practice on forums to verify what is being posted. Posting the full source material is a breach of the third parties copyright, or generally too long to post.

Funny, but you invite people to describe themselves and when they qualify what they do, where they work, it's advertising?

Where is the line drawn?

Hi,

There's a big difference between citing references and posting links to ones own website. Of your first 6 posts, 4-5 contained links to your own website. That is not 'citing references'. Oh, and references tend to link to a third party site, not to ones own.

As for the line, TC has already been kind enough to point it out to you.

Sanuk!

Archived