Hi, I'm John

Which author did most of his 'research' in a particularly licentious bar on Wa Sq ? Was it Barrett ? Now *that* guy can write ;)

I seem to recall Suadum giving me a 'Cooks Tour' of the various bars, warning me about which one's were OK and which werent - he reserved his sternest warning for the 'Barrett bar', at least I THINK it was Barrett.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lone Star Bar in WS?

Thanks Flasher - I do seem to recall that it had a cowboy theme, or that spurs may have been involved somewhere in there ;)

Its weird, but when I'm in BKK I dont think much of the area around Soi 22, but when I'm back here I miss it like hell. It would be a hellhole if they didnt have that huge park next to Emporium - that city really needs more green space.

That area between Asoke and Soi 33 feels like home to me. I've lazed on many a summer afternoon at Benjasiri Park with a gorgeous girl.

To be honest, it was cloudy, hot, muggy, and the lady's makeup was starting to drip, but don't spoil my memories.

That area between Asoke and Soi 33 feels like home to me. I've lazed on many a summer afternoon at Benjasiri Park with a gorgeous girl.

To be honest, it was cloudy, hot, muggy, and the lady's makeup was starting to drip, but don't spoil my memories.

Thats so true - your 'idealised' memories leave out little things like that, dont they ? I remember lying down on the grass to talk to a couple of Ms CPs more attractive friends, thinking 'Man, this is fantastic !', only to have ants crawl up my shorts and try to castrate me with their pincers. Way to make a great first impression, Gobble !

• 2 weeks later...

Archived