way off

OK i know this is possibly off topic i am in Thailand presently and in the process of a divorce in the states me and my soon to be ex wife have no property no children and no shared assets can she ask for spousal support also she sent the divorce papers to my house in the states and did not provide me with the tracking number so i could have them either re routed or have fed ex hold them for me until i return

Let me guess, er, was the question:

"Can my soon to be ex wife seek spousal support as a part of the divorce agreement".

Well now I don't know for sure, that's what legal advisers are normally for, I think, but here's my best boardie guess.

If she claims to not work, has mental stress induced by the separation, is unwell, needs care and is generally pissed at you then she may well seek it and likely her legal adviser, whom she likely, has will push for this in any case.

If you still speak, have agreed in advance how the settlement will be arranged and are both generally wary of legal professionals then you just might get away without such an award against you.

Then again since you said this was a divorce in the USA I understand you are likely to reduced to a life on the breadline in any case.

Good luck.

Archived