Larry Flynt exposes the sex lives of former presidents

Flashermac

LOL...you sound like me. I honestly and truly believe that America is no longer a republic.

The founders lived in a country that was largely uneducated and landless and came up with the electoral college out of the fear that those citizens could easily be swayed.

You are probably correct on the first part, incomplete on the second.

The Founding Fathers were well-educated, and they all knew that every democracy that had ever existed had eventually committed suicide. The reason is always the same: the voters eventually figure out that they can vote themselves bread and circuses from the public treasury, and nobody can stop them from doing it.

Part of the purpose of the Electoral College is as you said, but only part. Another part was to ensure that Presidential candidates would have to appeal to more than the bare minimum majority. (This is the eExact same principle as that behind the bicameral Legislature, with each State having the same number of votes in the Senate, although the Supreme Court wrecked that part when they decided to require direct popular election of Senators, rather than allow each State to decide how they wanted to select Senators.)

A wise man once remarked that "Vox Populi, Vox Dei" translates accurately as "GOD! How did we get into THIS mess?"

books like these are fun.

wether all the things written are true and i presume some of the things are embellished in the stories,joe public loves this kind of thing.

i love reading all this 'trash' not knowing what to believe but enjoy the so-called tales.

'hollywood babylon' is a boof of stories i enjoyed.

Archived