Briton 'beaten to death' in a Dubai police cell

kamui

Again, more questions than answers.

For one, how does..... "One prisoner said last night: "The embassy staff asked me if there was anything I wanted to say.

"We were asked to give witness statements in front of the guards. How could we talk when we all fear retribution?

"They were listening to our every word. We have seen what they are capable of doing...."

...yet they were able to make a long distance, out of country, EXPENSIVE!, phone call to England with out overhearing or fear of retribution?

I have zero love for the shits in Dubai but something is missing.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, more questions than answers.

For one, how does..... "One prisoner said last night: "The embassy staff asked me if there was anything I wanted to say.

"We were asked to give witness statements in front of the guards. How could we talk when we all fear retribution?

"They were listening to our every word. We have seen what they are capable of doing...."

...yet they were able to make a long distance, out of country, EXPENSIVE!, phone call to England with out overhearing or fear of retribution?

I have zero love for the shits in Dubai but something is missing.

A different set of circumstances existed when the other prisoners made the first telephone calls. There was no drama then, no one had known that the cat was out of the bag. However, when it was, why wouldn't a country that has no value for human rights try to suppress and intimidate any potential witnesses.

Besides, the government officials can always deny that the latter circumstances did or did not exist, and if they did let them happen as it is alleged, the government should be set to task to stick up that upper lip and be a proud country again :beer:

Again' date=' more questions than answers.

I have zero love for the shits in Dubai but something is missing.[/quote']

A different set of circumstances existed when the other prisoners made the first telephone calls. There was no drama then, no one had known that the cat was out of the bag. However, when it was, why wouldn't a country that has no value for human rights try to suppress and intimidate any potential witnesses.

Besides, the government officials can always deny that the latter circumstances did or did not exist, and if they did let them happen as it is alleged, the government should be set to task to stick up that upper lip and be a proud country again :beer:

Surprising how those who value human life look at things differently then those who don't value human life.

Again' date=' more questions than answers.

I have zero love for the shits in Dubai but something is missing.[/quote']

Could this article be true? Yes.

Can it be beneficial to us? Yes.

The guy is said to have stayed at the Burj Al Arab. According some travel sites, rooms start at around 1.000 USD. The hotel is the most famous in the whole region and murdering a tourist who was staying at this luxury hotel should be a major embarrassment for the Dubai. If they kill 'quality tourists' that easily I wond what is happening to poorer travellers or even foreign works in this country.

I guess Dubai wants to make the death go a away as soon as possible and they will do everything they can to suppress any negative comments in Western news media.

The guy is said to have stayed at the Burj Al Arab. According some travel sites, rooms start at around 1.000 USD.

One buck a night? There goes half the Nana Hotel customer base to Dubai (the other half being the 'you just don't get what the experience is all about. I'd pay a million to stay there if I had to' guys).

Sorry for picking on you for a typo, I'm just bored.

Archived