Warning if your coming home from songkran

Nervous God

Just driving down route 22 which feeds the main isaan route to bangkok after udon. Not a busy road but already bumper to bumper heavy traffic. It's moving ok speed, but once it hits udon, it'll slow up i suspect. Tomorrow worse i fear. Thankfully i won't be in it!travel tuesday is my advice!

The last time, one of the few times I've driven on the last day of the holiday period, was a disaster.

Mainly because the idiot cops had a senior politician driving along the road giving them all thanks for the great job, and OF COURSE they blocked the already road blocked traffic jam to allow him to drive point to point fast!

Traffic in Bangkok has been delightful for the past few days. So to everyone who has gone up country, STAY THE FUCK THERE AND DON'T COME BACK. WE DON'T WANT YOU.

So there, :beer:

p.s. Songkran is officially over, but the loonies on my soi were out celebrating it today. Hadn't seen them at all during Songkran. Maybe they just got back and still want to play. :(

We started to drive Khon Kaen to BKK on Saturday. Left about 3 PM, at 1 AM we finally reached Saraburi and grabbed a hotel room...10 hours to drive about 300 Km, completely shit traffic!!! Azzhole Thai drivers; cars, trucks, tour buses whipping down the left shoulder of the road at 100Km/hour where they could drive that fast! Saw the accidents on the TV news and could only hope that the azzholes had been killed off!!!

Sunday morning, it was a 90 minute drive to BKK from Saraburi, very little traffic.

All this was expected but being in the middle of the mess was an experience.

Haha, made the error to book Pulman KK sat/sun 16/17 april, driving from route 22 towards Kumphawapi then onto highway to Khon Kaen.

Got stuck 3km before traffic light entering Kumphawapi, took 30 minutes for the 3 km. Had at least 100 cars passing us taking the other lane and blocking traffic coming our way, nice drivers :susel:

Anyway, made it in 2 hours iso 1½ hours, not too bad.

Bangkok traffic was horrible this morning, all lanes bumper to bumper and creeping along on Wiphawadee Rangsit and Ratchadapisek.

As to blocking the other lane, I remember a fun incident in the late '80s. The bridges across the Chao Phaya were then one way alternating down the river, with one lane designated for buses coming the other way. But drivers kept using the bus lane to try and bypass the slowly moving traffic. An air bus driver finally had enough, after the prats had blocked his lane completely and left him stuck on the middle of the bridge for half an hour. He turned his bus crossways, blocking the bridge completely, and no one could move backwards or forwards. It took the police about 5 hours to unsnarl the mess. :D

Archived