Thai Stupidity Tax on Farang

gobbledonk

The worst at Tilac are the old massage ladies that come up and start rubbing your shoulders unsolicited, you have to pay them off to get them to leave.

I have my old massage lady radar active now when I walk in the place -- as soon I see their approach (and they're shifty, they're usually coming from the flank or the rear), I prepare my defenses.

The worst at Tilac are the old massage ladies that come up and start rubbing your shoulders unsolicited, you have to pay them off to get them to leave.

I have my old massage lady radar active now when I walk in the place -- as soon I see their approach (and they're shifty, they're usually coming from the flank or the rear), I prepare my defenses.

Oh, you're a polite man, I just tell them to fark off and don't bother me. I have never had trouble with them apart from a nasty look or two but now, even if I am away for a month or two they don't even bother to try it on.

They are hideous fat things in Tilac. They tend to hang around that half man, half woman bar staff chappy :beer:

When I came to this board, I wondered why the majority of punters here were 'strictly short-time'.

After a few trips to Thailand, I dont even bother with the whole 'short time/long time' thing - it is what it is, and having them stay till the sun comes up doesnt change that. I have given girls a tip for their staying power in drinking till dawn with me, but thats a whole other thread.

Speaking of Tilac, and not wanting to TF but like most threads, it goes that way. What's the talent like there these days. I recall 2 years back it was the bar to be in with a pile of cuties just gaggin for a baggin. Same same or has it shot its load?

• 2 weeks later...

This "tax" is not just levied on Farangs. It's a common business practice, and it extends well beyond the bar scene. Thais do it to each other.

Farangs are just at a disadvantage because they don't start by assuming everyone is out to rip them off, they aren't familiar with the culture and they generally cannot speak or understand the language. But they are not handicapped (or hoodwinked) by appeals to save Thai "face" in international eyes, and thus they complain about.

This infuriates Thais. It's a form of imperialism for a Farang to complain when he is ripped off. But that is also a ploy. And it sometimes work to fool other Farangs and prevent them from commenting on obvious scams.

What they really detest is an honest Thai or Farang who, by virtue of his or her honesty, is out-competiting Thais and thriving in business. Hence, the Thai legal regime that makes business, particularly in the service sector, so difficult for Farangs. This is a bit of an over simplification, but it covers the basics of Thailand.

Speaking of Tilac, and not wanting to TF but like most threads, it goes that way. What's the talent like there these days. I recall 2 years back it was the bar to be in with a pile of cuties just gaggin for a baggin. Same same or has it shot its load?

I dont spend much time in the Go-Gos (too cheap for their drink prices) but I'm confident that there are others here who can give you a recent update.

I like the hefty one. Great massage.

As far as drinks go, pay as you go. It's a pain but can reduce the number of scam opportunities.

Archived