Nana Ibis?

hawaiijohn

I stayed there in November last year.

Fine if you "just want a room" and not much else.

Rooms are clean but VERY small - same as other Ibis in the world. In fact, identical. (This is their marketing strategy actually - you know what you're going to get).

Bathroom very VERY small - not enough room to swing a cat. (Not that you should be swinging cats in bathrooms, but you know what I mean).

If you want a room to sleep and shag in, and not much else, then it's fine.

However, I stayed at Heaven@4 earlier this year and was much happier there for pretty much the same price. (Tim booked it for me - thanks Tim).

No problems with bringing ladies back at either hotel.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piggy

So true about Ibis the world over

Never stayed in Ibis BKK, Suk Soi 4 or the hidden one Just off Sathorn Soi One.

The smallest room I ever had was Ibis Seoul, hardly enough room to get my suitcase in there, but it did have one of those hi tech Japanese toilets with heated seat and a built in bum squirter.

Ibis Bencoolen Singapore is not bad, basic but decent size rooms, I did not attempt swinging a cat but the shower was big enough for me an two pussies. Probably stay there next week for a few days until I get an apartment sorted out in Singers.

For Bangkok I will now stay at S31 some good deals to be had there, unfortunatley the bird in the pictures does not come with the room, if everything goes to plan I should be there tuesday.

Bill Bryston humourously recalls a room he had in NYC where, he claims, he was able to simultaneously touch all four walls by lying on the bed and extending his arms and legs. Bill is a tall guy, but we arent talking Kareem Abdul Jabbar here ..

I noticed that KL hotel rooms seem to be getting smaller, at least on my last two trips, or maybe I am just getting tighter and refusing to pay the equivalent of Sydney hotel prices for a larger room. Hong Kong was as small as I would ever want a room to be - it was like they had taken a standard econo-room, put a diagonal dividing wall through it and converted the 'study desk' into a bathroom.

I found Ibis Soi 4 perfectly adequate, they have parking, are GF, and not too far down Soi 4 so it is walkable. Just a drag if you want to get a cab downtown, often hard because the cabbies don't want to turn on their meter, to slow to get onto Sukh and beyond. Otherwise great.

• 3 weeks later...

Encore, at certain times of the day I have trouble getting a cab driver from anywhere on (lower) Suk who is willing to take on the madness involved in getting to Pantip or somewhere over there. Difficult to imagine what that particular trip will be like in 10-20 years time, but I'm sure some folk felt that way in 2000. Sadly, there were right ! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived