Can I get Staropramen beer in BKK?

doxx

Can I get Staropramen beer in BKK? In store or at a bar? Thanks

Highly unlikely, but possibly one of the BKK denizens would know. If you DO find it in BKK/Thailand let us know here. Wouldn't mind quaffing a few myself when in the Big Mango on occasion.

And on that note, does anyone know any decent brewhouses in BKK that would be worth the look? Brewed on premises and with some good variety/choices.

The only decent beer in Surin is provided by a German guy. But it is not cheap (and I don't expect it to be, as it is all imported). Good for a change from the Thai brews, and he does have some nice beers: Weiss beers, black beer, and some others I enjoy once in a while.

Some of the pub type bars on Soi Nana have a very good selection of imported beer. You might try some of them. Tawandaeng makes its own pretty decent suds.

Really? Tawan Daeng huh? Cool. Will have to try that one day. In the Boston area we have some great brew house pubs and restaurants. Some are small, one, very large now and nation-wide distribution, Sam Adams Brewery, has some excellent choices that have won real beer competitions around the world, even in Germany. Love my Sam Adams and wish it could be had here, even at premium prices. Thanks for the tip, Flashman. Will check out the Tawan Daeng suds. We have one here, quite a good place to party and listen to music for a smaller city like Surin. Huge place it is too, and the people are farang friendly and it is a top spot to go of an evening here. I've been many a time, though sadly not recently. Will have to remedy that soon. Will have to ask if they import their home made brew from the BKK venue. Maybe get something going for that up here!?

Archived