ANOTHER Dead Farang Found in a Canal

Hugh_Hoy

Hi,

Sorry, but you are overreacting. You guys got in trouble because you were deliberately attacking another poster (something you were well aware of).

And I too have spoken to OH, his reasons are not the same as yours. It certainly had nothing to do with how I run the board, but rather with how some others try to run the board instead.

"People need to lighten up a bit."

No argument there, but on the same token people should also respect each others rights.

Sanuk!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"why banned for naming a bar?"

My guess is that the bar was called 'waffles', and they still seem to think that my problem was with that word rather than with the fact they were using it to attack BB. The word itself is obviously fine, as would be naming a bar that is called waffles. Not sure why they cannot comprehend this :dunno:

Sanuk!

Not entirely true, I was a member of the Thai Belgium Chamber of Commerce, I was told I was allowed to say that! It was seen as a attack on BB, regardless that it's a expensive membership!

One of my staff visited a booming business in Korat, making waffles, which I think is pretty funny, nothing to do with BB, and I wasn't allowed to say that either.

Frankly we visited a great Belgium Beer bar, but going on the above to experiences, you'd let me post about it? If so, then I am happy and will do so in trip report, as many of the river front bars in Vientiane are no long river front and no longer there, so finding a good one was rare/

Hi,

"One of my staff visited a booming business in Korat, making waffles, which I think is pretty funny, nothing to do with BB, and I wasn't allowed to say that either."

You mean this post?

http://www.thai360.com/fbb/showtopic.php?tid/539700/post/877859/hl/waffles/fromsearch/1/#877859

Read through the thread and tell me it isn't just about taking the piss out Belgium / BelgianBoy. You're post was not that offensive, but look at rchapstick's posts and tell me those were just funny?

"Frankly we visited a great Belgium Beer bar, but going on the above to experiences, you'd let me post about it?"

My guess is that the bar was called 'waffles', and they still seem to think that my problem was with that word rather than with the fact they were using it to attack BB. The word itself is obviously fine, as would be naming a bar that is called waffles.

So, yes, I have no problem with posts about Belgium, waffles, pancakes, whatever as long as they are not meant to insult / goad people. And that thread WAS meant to that.

This has nothing to do with words, but everything with intent.

Sanuk!

OK - we're derailing here, but I'll see how you go with what I post, and frankly - many many times I was NOT goading BB, that was the problem he THOUGHT I was and hence the real issues.

As you know from PT between us and other party, I had frankly forgotten the origin of the joke, and treated the subject matter, as a joke.

Going back and reading that thread, YES NOTHING TO DO WITH BB!!!!

Belgium is a country that is worth front page news, NO GOVERNMENT STILL and it's nearly a YEAR - that's worth talking about, far more than most USA news, and if a factory in Thailand started making Saurkraut, then that would be worth posting too, and frankly that's ALL I DID!

And here is the problem <>

You see, I was sitting there and started laughing, who'd have thought Thailand had a Waffle factory, so I posted about it, because it is funny,

BUT

The problem is someone got all upset because they read "INTENT" where no intent was. If you think I'm lying say so, anyone who knows me knows I am deadly honest.

If people can't chill a bit, then that's a good reason to leave this board, to quote Old Hippie.

"But it's all about ME"

You mean this post?

http://www.thai360.com/fbb/showtopic.php?tid/539700/post/877859/hl/waffles/fromsearch/1/#877859

Read through the thread and tell me it isn't just about taking the piss out Belgium / BelgianBoy. You're post was not that offensive, but look at rchapstick's posts and tell me those were just funny?

Apples & oranges.

NG was feeling miffed because he posts stuff and gets accused with flaming. I never followed the crap as I thought it was harmless yet overplayed, but your example regarding NG is just wrong. His posts there were not insulting in the least IMHO. Hence my worry about posting anything anywhere near that subject matter -- I nor he can control responses, and no one should have to fear getting tarred with the same brush when someone else posts something. Make any sense?

And yet when people like Emmit (in whatever incarnation) or recently Waerth rip me and some other regular posters here and disrespect such, that never gets called out until someone bitches...a lot.

And none of us have hacked into private areas of the board.

I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin' (to use an old US joke which you likely will not understand).

It is very strange to me that someone gets upset about a food item. I still don't get either the humour nor the insult. Well, the humour is easier to see, since it elicits a weird response from otherwise normal humans.

This entire silliness between all of you, and spilling out into the regular board, reminds me of the old "slowly I turned" gag from the 1940s.

_yJBhzMWJCc

As an outsider, looking in, I for one do not see how the mention of the word waffle can be such a harassment to anyone, even if he came from Belgium.

It is like a NZ being called a kiwi fruit, I am not sure Coss would find this offensive, even if a 'fruit' in the Australian context could input homosexuality.

So, could someone please explain to us who don't have a clue what all the fuss is about what is so bad about the word waffle, and then maybe, we can then determine if someone is being an ass, childish or just talking about a waffle.

Personally, I don't know why a waffle would be that interesting to talk about, like Sauerkraut, but each to their own :beer:

Archived