ANOTHER Dead Farang Found in a Canal

Hugh_Hoy

I've gotta agree with others about the oversensitivity displayed on the board. I see both sides of the argument but at the end of the day this a distraction for most not an existence.

Cultural oddities can be very ammusing which is why the "waffles" thread was funny. I believe this was more of an issue about the messenger not the message. And as for other examples I also believe folks need to lighten up.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LK,

“And none of us have hacked into private areas of the board. “

The easiest thing to do to promote board harmony would be for BB to use the name he used to sneak back on the board when banned or drop the Belgian part from Boy.

As an outsider, looking in, I for one do not see how the mention of the word waffle can be such a harassment to anyone, even if he came from Belgium.

It is like a NZ being called a kiwi fruit, I am not sure Coss would find this offensive, even if a 'fruit' in the Australian context could input homosexuality.

So, could someone please explain to us who don't have a clue what all the fuss is about what is so bad about the word waffle, and then maybe, we can then determine if someone is being an ass, childish or just talking about a waffle.

Personally, I don't know why a waffle would be that interesting to talk about, like Sauerkraut, but each to their own :beer:

Oz,

You can go back many months to the Interpol thread in News and read it from there. Also a lot in Nightlife where I thought about a waffle stand near the blowjob bar in Patpong.

Initially, it was an effort to impress all with the highest of hiso connections and, in the strict legal sense, libel that damaged the reputation of the oncologist who treated Thaksin. It went from there.

In short, it was a joke that went on too long.

Yes, to save you having to ask, alcohol may have been involved at various stages.

Like Mr Ozpharlap, I agree, all of this bullshit has the effect of making me nonplussed, at the seemingly childish niggling over some perceived slight.

When we've got nothing better to do than niggle at each other, we should start considering what's important in life.

Like having one.

I hope I never end up dead in a canal, like the subject of the OP.

It would be an ignominious end, and curtail my mongering no end....

Kiwifruit eh... You do know that Pharlap was a NZ horse? :stirthepo

Archived