train from Suvarnabhumi

hawaiijohn

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me to get to the airport train from Suk Soi 93, I have to go to On Nut, get the BTS and then get to the airport train.

or

I get in a taxi, go down Soi 77 (Soi On Nut) all the way to the airport. Usually I leave early morning (4 ~ 5 AM), so no traffic and no tolls to pay. The meter often shows 150 Baht and take 30 minutes!

I cannot do the taxi to On Nut, BTS and then the airport train cheaper or quicker.

It sounds to me like its about the same in price and there's "[color:purple]The walk, if you're of average fitness is about 5 minutes.[/color]" enforced exercise component.

The only true comparison then, is to take a taxi, stop it at some random place, tell the driver to pick you up 5 minutes walk down the road and then continue the journey.

When I'm travelling, I have either just showered (leaving for long flight) or am shattered (arriving after long flight). In neither situation do I need to work up a sweat as part of the journey.

If they had an air con concourse with people to carry my bags it might be a different story.

I do declare that I've never tried this new service, but from the above posts, I am not likely to, except for the sport of looking at [color:red]totty[/color] as described so aptly in this post AIRPORT TRAIN BEATS SKYTRAIN

Coss, I get your point however, it is a leisurely 5 minute walk, not a foot race, how do some of our posters on here sweat so easily :surprised:

Having caught a lot of taxis in BKK, and telling them to slow the feck down only to have them speed up to ridiculously unsafe speeds, i shall catch the train 8 times out of 10 :beer:

The walk from Makkasan airport link platform to Phetchburi MTR platform took me 9 minutes (stopwatch) without luggage, walking a brisk pace. I am tall and reasonably fit.

This was going down from the airport link to the MRT, up from the MRT to the airport link it may take longer.

The last 2 times I was there I had to add about 10 minutes for finding directions. There are no signs and almost noone to ask. The places are rather nondescript.

I have been there before, about 20 times, but still lost my way (both ways, up and down).

BTW the airport link does not run very often. You may have to wait over 15 minutes.

Archived