Self-Defence / Protection in Thailand Thread

Ryder

elf-Defence / Protection Thread

Are you a believer in protecting yourself with what you are lawfully allowed to carry (and otherwise) in LoS?

Do you think that it's better no-one was allowed to own weapons such as baton's, pepper spray and so on.

Perhaps the Thai police will show up like wonder-cop at the very moment you need them?

Or perhap's not...

Whatever your stance on the weapon's for defence issue it won't go away anytime soon.

To be going on with, here's a video on pepperspray (available and legal in Thailand).

Q6_WX8PexGk

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gave our housekeeper a stun gun when they first came out, she had it stolen on the buss in the first week.

I know a farang and his girl friend who both got for themselves a stun gun.

I asked the farang to pull out his stun gun. It took him about five minutes to find the damn thing!

I had four Thai men tried robbing me once. They had machetes and I had a large cup of super hot 7-11 coffee.

I had four Thai men tried robbing me once. They had machetes and I had a large cup of super hot 7-11 coffee.

OT: Out of curiosity, do the 7-11s in BKK carry hot coffee? I remember going to the one on Suk/Soi 18 and the one on Soi 7 near suk and looking for it, they didn't carry. Ended up getting the quasi-instant stuff on the street for 20baht (opposed to Starbucks or Coffee world and getting ripped off).

But I could never find a 7-11 with hot coffee. Not like it is here.

7-Elevens have ice coffee, plus they have a microwave. You just order an ice coffee and ask them to heat it for you in the microwave. :cover:

My ex-neighbour bought his Mrs some pepper spray for protection. But he nearly shat himself when he discovered she had it in her purse when they were flying to Singapore! He had visions of himself being caned by the Singapore police, as he frantically tried to figure out how to get rid of the pepper spray without being noticed. He finally managed to deep six it in the hong nam. Once they were safely in their hotel, his Mrs pulled out a knife with a five inch blade and began peeling some fruit with it. She'd been carry that on the plane too. :yikes:

Archived