Self-Defence / Protection in Thailand Thread

Ryder

LOL!! Even tho' she *certainly* knew better, very recently, Mrs LK had a 6" switchblade dagger taken at the Swampy domestic J-class checkpoint. But they were not sure they should do such, given certain situations LOL!. I had to actually make them do their job. Eek.

Scary, really.

Stupidly, Mrs LK forgot to leave it at home. Som nam na for her. Except I had to buy her another in Chinatown, the silly goose. So actually som nam na me, eh? She certainly knows how to use it -- well trained indeed. Not that I take credit for that. Or maybe I can... :dunno:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elf-Defence / Protection Thread

To be going on with, here's a video on pepperspray (available and legal in Thailand).

Watch out for elfs!!

Seriously though, pepper spray is no joke. We practice with it like everything else. You get a good snot full every year and have to deal with it. Shit hurts!

LK, does she really need to take it with her around Bangkok, is the place that bad? :beer:

She's had guys (Thai and farang) follow her around (even on a motorbike taxi) before and just not take no for an answer. Scared the shit outta her, understandably. And I travel a lot for work. She's safe at the condo as our guards are reasonably competent, but if she's going elsewhere...

My daughter when she was 15 almost got raped by a tuk-tuk driver. He was not going where she wanted, and aiming for a dark quiet place. She clocked him in the head with her leather briefcase, jumped out and ran away.

You read many articles of gals getting attacked/raped in taxis (in the Thai papers, that is).

So if you are a hot-looking petite female, ya, it can be that scary.

Hi,

"You read many articles of gals getting attacked/raped in taxis (in the Thai papers, that is)."

Yep, main reason my wife refuses to take taxis by herself. Even during the day.

Even had a taxi driver agree with her once when we (my wife and I) discussed this in the back of his taxi.

Sanuk!

Archived