Underage brothels raided

Flashermac

I lived upcountry for years, with the biggest brothel less than a block off campus. The gals were from the local farms and came and went whenever they felt like it. I was told the same about the other brothels around town. No evidence of coercion ever reported. I would be quite surprise if all the girls were of legal age though.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Foodland on Soi 5 one day. Sitting beside me was a young woman. I think she was 17 years old. A real good looker. She started the conversation by telling me she had just got married to an 'American'. She still had the strings on her wrist but she acted like she wanted to get 'farked'.

We continued to talk. She told me she was Cambodian.

I finished eating and left.

"but I read somewhere that people trafficking currently makes more money for organised crime than drugs, "

Not criticising you Gobbles.

I do have an issue with all these estimates that NGO's and other organisations make about stuff like this.

If you believe one set of opinions, there are millions of women and children being sexually abused in the most horrific of circumstances.

If you believe another set of opinions, the majority of girls and women involved in this sort of activity are, if not there by choice, relatively free to leave.

Both sets of opinions can't be right.

Hey, its all lies, damned lies and statistics, but people trafficking is real nonetheless. Do the NGOs overstate the number of people involved ? Undoubtedly, but it still happens. The whole 'I was sold by my parents/uncle/aunt' story does get monotonous, I admit, but I'm sure it still happens. Whether criminals can make more money from trafficking than they can from drugs is questionable, but I assume that someone is happily compiling guesstimates.

My experience is that a small minority are "trafficked" and "exploited" and the vast majority are there by necessity and also, some choice.

Sure, we would all like women, to not have to sell it and only do it for free. But since before there was society, women have traded.

JMHO

My experience is that a small minority are "trafficked" and "exploited" and the vast majority are there by necessity and also, some choice.

Sure, we would all like women, to not have to sell it and only do it for free. But since before there was society, women have traded.

JMHO

Sex trafficking is not just an Asian problem. In Germany (where prostitution is a legal profession) private apartments with trafficked and forced prostitutes are getting busted regularly.

East European women are being promised jobs in Germany and then imprisoned and raped in those apartment brothels. The physical and psychological pressure on these women seems to be so strong that only a few try to flee (passport taken away, raped, battered, families back home being threatened, e.g.).

In SE-Asia especially Cambo seems to be a place for sex trafficking, where kids/ young girls are being lured into prostitution or kidnapped by traffickers, or even sold by their parents.

But as it has said before: this sex trafficking scene caters predominately to Asian customers, and as far as I know it has nothing to do with P4P scene which caters to Farangs, neither in LOS nor in Phnom Penh.

Years ago the "recruiters" for the brothels would go upcountry in Thailand and do a song and dance for farmer parents about how much money their duaghter could make in Bangkok (usually not mentioning what she'd be doing). The North is where most of the brothel girls and massage girls came once upon a time, but when Northern folks got wise to what was happening the focus shifted to Issan. Now that everyone in Thailand pretty much is aware of the lies used by procurers, they have to go outside the country. Burma was supposedly a big target for young women, though now it looks like the glorious PDR Laos is too. (I thought Marxism was going to make their lives so wonderful they wouldn't want to leave.)

Same thing happens in Cambodia and probably elsewhere in SE Asia.

p.s. Years ago there was a well-known brothel that used only underage girls and operated openly. The owner allegedly would go to orphanages and "buy" the cute 12-year-old. They would be well fed, given more money than they had ever seen and trained to be absolutely anything goes pros! The police finally closed it down under pressure, but it existed for years. I've forgotten just where it was, but I think it was somewhere in Chinatown.

Things have actually improved here. Got a long way to go when brothels like the one raided still exist though.

FM - you refer, I think, to The Childrens Hotel, area of Chidlom I think and perhaps uncomfortably close to a number of high profile embassies!

This discussion topic and direction strikes me as being borderline iffy, if I read the rules right :) Personally I find the whole subject fascinating, from an understanding the culture viewpoint.

Cmon Flasher - we have all read about the 'training' the girls receive. 'Pack rape' is a more appropriate term. I cant sit too high on my horse, having been part of the P4P demand that must, in *some* way, contribute toward the influx of gullible young girls into cities all over the world. I know - white knights need a bigger credit card etc - but I still think its a lot grimier than anything we see on Cowboy.

Archived