What's on TV

Nervous God

My family watch the Parliment channel, I sadly kid you not, my son and daughter, wife, all of them.

BUT

The interesting thing today is it's a "Police" parliment.

Interesting, because a young cop just got up and told the truth.

"We have to accept bribes, we have to pay for our own uniform, our own gun, everything, our salary doesn't cover this, so even if I try to NOT accept bribes, I have too.

This is wrong.

If you want to stop bribes, change the way we are paid or what we have to pay for.""

Bribery is fully entrenched in the culture of the police. None of them HAVE to do it, they choose to do so, and it's probably a big reason a lot of them seek out the job to begin with. If they truly had a moral problem they'd either not accept the bribes, or find a different job altogether.

I see it like this --> In the West, if you had a couple businessman that sold designer shirts that they made for $5 a pop, and one sold them for $20, and the other for $100 -- and the volume was similar, then yeah -- it's obvious who gets ahead. And we reward that.

Same same with police taking bribes in LoS. If people think it's OK, normal, or acceptable --> then those that take bribes will get ahead and be more successful. Of course that model will flourish.

To change it, you need a change in values to take place on a large scale. And that ain't easy.

And poverty don't help.

Archived