Osama Bin Laden is dead!!!

acockasian

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I share the joy of everyone here, I have to ask how many in the security services will share that joy. The 10 year anniversary of 9/11 was already shaping up as a potentially dangerous milestone - throw this into the mix and every nutter from Pakistan to Leeds will be looking to 'avenge Osama'. Interesting times ahead.

What we do with the body is important. Disrespecting could set off a wave of attacks. Wonder if the body will be treated according to islamic rites?

Politically great for Obama. Best week ever for him. He shouldn't get the sole credit of course but who ever is the sitting president gets the credit. Just like Reagan and the fall of the USSR (Wall came down under Bush actually but RR gets the credit historically).

Osama had a helluva run. Frankly, it took too long. About what, 9 1/2 years?

I'm hoping we can wrap this Afghanistan thing up as well. I always thought this 'War on Terrorism' was the government's way for them to keep the military-industrail complex going on indefinitely.

Think about it. There is no country, its a concept. There will ALWAYS be terrorism. Its NEVER going to be officially over. If it isn't in the ME, they'll find it elsewhere. Its a way to get re-elected because Americans usually don't vote out sitting presidents during a war.

No sooner does Obama's birth certificate appear than Osama gets zapped. There is obviously a connection. So what did Osama know that he had to be silenced over? Sort of like Dorothy Kilgallen's death when she started talking about JFK's assassination. :hmmm:

Archived