Osama Bin Laden is dead!!!

acockasian

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always get a kick out of Reagan because my older brother got busted for smoking a joint on his front lawn when he was gov. I never let my bro forget about how stupid that incident was. Unfortunately, he has way more ammo coming back at me. :dunce:

I would regard making a snap on the spot decision as a bit too reckless. If he waited too long I'd be criticizing him for indecisiveness. 'Sleeping on it' is a common thing. Taking a few hours, away from it all to get as much objectivity as possibe.

What I am glad to read was his concern over the safety of the troops. Refreshing from someone who never served in the military.

Steve...I've never considered you naieve; but surely you must consider that Barry was most-likely ussing those hours to round up some focus groups. :rotl:

HH

And now he's got 72 perpetual virgins or raisins or something. :hmmm:

S. Tsow once shook up a devout Muslim when he worked in the Middle East. The guy was going on about all the wonderful things awaiting a good Muslim man in paradise. Tsow interrupted to ask what was in it for women. Didn't women who were good Muslims go to heaven too? The guy was dumbstruck. He'd obviously never given a thought to women believers. The guy couldn't figure out what women would get ... but he assured Tsow that "they would also be very happy in paradise!" :angel:

How should I know? I'm an infidel. :dunno:

<< The concept of 72 virgins in Islam refers to an aspect of paradise. In a collection by Imam at-Tirmidhi in his "Sunan" (Volume IV, Chapters on "The Features of Heaven as described by the Messenger of Allah", chapter 21: "About the Smallest Reward for the People of Heaven", hadith 2687) and also quoted by Ibn Kathir in his Tafsir (Qur'anic Commentary) of Surah Qur'an 55:72, it is stated:

"It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim, that Abu al-Haytham 'Adullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa'id al-Khudhri, who heard Muhammad saying, 'The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy-two houri, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from al-Jabiyyah to San'a.

Regarding the above statement, Hafiz Salahuddin Yusuf has said: "The narration which claims that everyone would have seventy-two wives has a weak chain of narrators." >>

<< Another interpretation of the relevant passages of the Qur'an is The Syro-Aramaic Reading Of The Qur'an written by Christoph Luxenberg. In respect of this particular point, Luxenberg argues that the relevant passage actually translates to a portrayal of paradise as a lush garden with pooling water and trees with rare fruit, including [color:red]white raisins[/color] (considered to be delicacies at the time that the Qur'an was written), not virgin maidens. >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri#.2272_Virgins.22

Archived