Osama Bin Laden is dead!!!

acockasian

[color:red]Osama’s will unveiled[/color]

Bin Laden did not want his children to join Al-Qaeda, according to Kuwait City-based newspaper, citing his last will and testament.

In a four-page document dated 14 December 2001, written on a computer and signed "Your Brother Abu Abdullah Osama Muhammad Bin Laden,†the late Al- Qaeda leader predicted he would be killed as a result of a "betrayal" and ordered his wives to not remarry. He prohibited his children from taking part in his terrorist organisation and from "going to the front," the newspaper said.

Various reports say Bin Laden fathered between 12 and 26 children and married four women.

Link

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Initial reports said he was killed "in a firefight" but hadn't fired himself. The same reports said he was asked to surrender and refused. Looks to me like they knew he would never surrender, so they ask, he refused and bang.

<< and ordered his wives to not remarry. >>

Just like his Prophet. He could have all the women he wanted, but no one could touch his ex's.

Interesting that others are encouraged to die, but not his own offspring. :hmmm:

Unless OBL was naked, how would you know if he was packing a suicide vest or not? Killing him was the right decision.

I guess OBL felt the ISI was protecting him well enough that he didn't need an underground bunker and escape tunnel. :hmmm:

I find it interesting that he was a) shot in the face and B) body dumped at sea.

This has not been handled very well. Story has done a complete backflip.

Both facts had been clear from the beginning.

In regard to a) I guess they just wanted to get over with him. Or maybe the pressure for the SEALs was too high, since they had already lost a choppers and were 10 minutes over their time limit (and with the military academy near by and Pakistani jets in the air)?

B) It was a kind of half hearted muslim burial. They didn't want to give him a grave (as a place for worship), but they had bury him within 24 hours.

New is that OBL did not have a weapon and that he was clearly executed at the end of the raid.

<< A Senior US Official tells CNN 10 hard drives, 5 computers and more than 100 storage devices which includes discs, DVDs and thumb drives were taken from the compound.

The senior us official also says the White House received 3 sets of photos yesterday. The photos included:

1. Photos of OBLs body at a hangar after he was brought back to Afghanistan. This is the most recognizable with a clear picture of his face. The picture is gruesome because he has a massive open head wound across both eyes. It’s very bloody and gory.

2. Photos from the burial at sea on the USS Carl Vinson. Photos of OBL before the shroud was put on and then wrapped in the shroud.

3. There are photos of the raid itself that include photos of the two dead brothers, one of OBLs dead son (adult adolescent, maybe approx 18 yrs old) and some of the inside scene of the compound.

The official says the challenge is that the picture that includes the most recognizable image of OBLs face – from the hangar in Afghanistan – is so gruesome and mangled its not appropriate for say the front page of the newspaper. On the other hand, this is the one that is most identifiable as him. >>

Link

I find it interesting that he was a) shot in the face and B) body dumped at sea.

This has not been handled very well. Story has done a complete backflip.

Both facts had been clear from the beginning.

In regard to a) I guess they just wanted to get over with him. Or maybe the pressure for the SEALs was too high' date=' since they had already lost a choppers and were 10 minutes over their time limit (and with the military academy near by and Pakistani jets in the air)?

B) It was a kind of half hearted muslim burial. They didn't want to give him a grave (as a place for worship), but they had bury him within 24 hours.

New is that OBL did not have a weapon and that he was clearly executed at the end of the raid.[/quote']

I think it was just fine Bust. Kamui hit it totally. The "funeral thing" is one less thing for even moderate Muslims to bitch about, and the burial at sea eliminates any kind of shrine with a body inside. Statues, etc., just don't carry the same psychological power IMHO.

Displaying a mutilated corpse is unnecessarily gruesome. I totally disagreed with the BushCo release of the Saddam hanging. No sense in making these kind of guys even bigger martyrs to their deluded followers by showing poor judgment and uncivilized behaviour. Nothing will make the conspiracy theorists happy anyway, so there is no point in it.

The weapon thing is meaningless. I'm sure UbL had well-armed and trained bodyguards. Since it happened at night, maybe he did not keep a weapon in his bedroom and/or did not have time to get it? Who cares? Afterall, being kept safe for six years (by the Paki g'ment/military, IMHO) makes one less expectant of trouble and therefore lazy/sloppy.

Whilst I thing the idiots in the US celebrating in the streets like their sports team won a championship is pathetic and a sad commentary on the state of human civilization, I am also not shedding a tear that UbL is gone.

Archived