Osama Bin Laden is dead!!!

acockasian

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes me wonder is how some folks, most of whom have no military training, can criticize how this was all done.

I have no military training whatsoever. Common sense tells me though that if you're dropped in the middle of a hostile environment in a foreign country in a heavily fortified compound, you only have so much time to do anything.

Common sense tells me that its bad enough to be in there and no amount of training in the world is going to make you go 'hmmmm....I'll only shoot him there' or 'we'll do it this way or that way to because it looks better to the outside world' Any number of random things can go wrong and you are in a situation where you don't know everything about the people or compound. From a dog barking to a kid waking up with a toy gun. You have no idea what is there and what you have to deal with.

The man got killed with no one 'friendly' dead or injured. That alone above anything else needs to be applauded. I think some folks have been watching too many movies.

Really? Thanks.

I assumed this photo would represent your reality HH! :clown:

Fox%20and%20Friends%20find%20the%20killer.jpg

You can't really be giving Obama credit for having the balls to make the decision to make this happen? :yikes: In Realityland, Reagan would have ran away like Beirut, W would still have maintained UbL wasn't important and McCain still would have punted. Where do folks get the notion GOPers are strong on security? I don't get it :nono:

Maybe the world IS gonna end soon LOL!

:clown:

Guest lazyphil

steve, i'm ashamed of all the arm chair experts here who dribble on how the SAS would have done it better, total retards imo. the SAS have an epic history and are still brilliant but so are the seals and delta force, who the hell can anyone spout crap who are the best as if comparing football teams, its childish and pathetic!

Oh that's simple LP....the Australian SAS troops are the world's best. They probably confirmed OBL was actually in the compound before the seals dropped in for the kill....guns blazing, choppers crashing :stirthepo

I think it was just fine Bust. Kamui hit it totally. The "funeral thing" is one less thing for even moderate Muslims to bitch about, and the burial at sea eliminates any kind of shrine with a body inside. Statues, etc., just don't carry the same psychological power IMHO.

Did they not create a religion about no body and 2,000 years of statue worship, oh yeah, I think they called it Christianity :surprised:

Oh that's simple LP....the Australian SAS troops are the world's best. They probably confirmed OBL was actually in the compound before the seals dropped in for the kill....guns blazing, choppers crashing :stirthepo

Was that red shirt guy involved in it? :hmmm:

Archived