Osama Bin Laden is dead!!!

acockasian

Myth "Bin Laden's death is symbolically important but irrelevant to the ongoing war on terror'': When recruits joined al-Qaeda, they pledged an oath of religious allegiance to bin Laden, rather than to the organisation. Similarly, when affiliated jihadist groups have attached themselves to al-Qaeda central, as al-Qaeda in Iraq did in 2004, their leaders pledged their fealty to bin Laden."

Fact: With bin Laden gone, there is no one of his stature and charisma to become not only the leader and strategic guide of al-Qaeda, but to inspire the group's affiliates across the Middle East and North Africa and the wider jihadi movement around the globe. For that, we can all be grateful.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U.S. counter-terrorism officials say they have evidence that Awlaki helped recruit and prepare Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a Nigerian suspected of attempting to bomb an U.S. airliner on Christmas Day on 2009, as well as several other plots. Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula also is believed to have been involved in a failed plot to place smuggled explosives on cargo planes bound for the United States in October.

Awlaki's calls for jihad against the U.S. are also thought to have inspired Faisal Shahzad, the Pakistani American who tried to detonate a truck bomb in New York's Times Square last May, and Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, who is charged with killing 13 people and wounding 29 in Ft. Hood, Texas, in 2009.

Previously, Awlaki was considered dangerous, but only as someone whose knowledge of American society and his radical interpretation of the Islam made him capable of inspiring others to carry out terrorist attacks. Before adding him to the CIA target list, a special government review of his activities was conducted, officials said, prompted by his status as a U.S. citizen.

No sooner does Obama's birth certificate appear than Osama gets zapped. There is obviously a connection. :hmmm:

I do think that there is a connection to this. What that connection is I don't know.

The proof its real is that no one in the Republican establishment has challenged it. If they thought there was ample proof from all the 'obvious false birth certificate' birthers who claimed the docs he presented were faked, they'd be on it. Their lack of involvement says enough.

The long form wasn't out two seconds and cries of fake were banded about. Not only fake but they said it was very obviously faked. Now, you'd think with this much time to get it right, someone who wanted to fake a birth certificate wouldn't make the obvious mistakes birthers were saying were on it. Obama has the best forgers at his disposal and a 'bad copy' is all he could come up with? Give me a break.

Trump is as close to the establishment as you can get and he hasn't claimed its fake. He's now focusing on his school records, which is even more ludicrous. How do you fake NOT attending Columbia and Harvard? Columbia and Harvard says he went there.

As I said, I've got nothing against conspiracy theories. I've got a few of my own (JFK assiassination..hmmmm) but this doesn't stand the reason and logic test for me.

If the argument is that the Republicans are in on it, then why? If they aren't then why aren't they pursuing it if the evidence so far is almost irrefutable as some say. I'd get a kick out of it if we elected someone who didn't qualify. It would make my otherwise boring life infinitely more interesting to see how that would unfold but I don't see how its possible. Not in today's world.

Remember this book?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Like_Me

What if it turns out Obama isn't really Black and has been conning the voters the whole time? :D

:stirthepo

I remember the movie. There was another movie of which I can't recall the name where a girl an extremely light skinned girl passed as white and distanced herself from her black domestic mother.

The guy in that book was nuts. What if he was in a position to get lynched and couldn't 'prove' he was white?

This one - Pinky (1949).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041746/

I remember seeing it on television when I was a kid. Daring for the time, I suppose. Yummy Jean Crain is supposed to be what I supposed would be called a Quadroon. She has been living up North and been accepted as white. Then she comes back home. She is engaged to a white doctor who knows nothing of her mixed race ancestry. But there's a cop out ending. The MD is madly in love with her and still wants to marry her, but she refuses and instead runs an orphange or something - presumably to die an old maid. WTF ... I know of one such inter-racial marriage in my own family. A cousin of my father married his light skinned lady and said it was nobody's business but his own. :)

p.s. Bet my plantation owning ancestors would be upset enough over my own Asian wife. My father's family owned slaves for maybe 200 years! :shocked:

Archived