Osama Bin Laden is dead!!!

acockasian

But but btut - I thought they was our allies????

Only because Bush said' date=' "if you are not with us you are against us", and they knew he was serious :beer:[/quote']

I thought John Foster Dulles said that.

Could have, anyways, some one said it :beer:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know - any 'celebrations' will be televised, further enraging the kind of people who can be convinced that its a good idea to walk into a crowded market with explosives strapped to your chest. Pakistan has been a rich recruiting ground for the Taliban post 9/11, and several articles I've read claim that many of the new recruits arent particularly 'devout' Muslims', but people who perceive that a great injustice has been done. I am more concerned by what is happening in Indonesia atm, but that is a topic for another thread.

I have no qualms with a little retribution or Bin Laden's death -- but setting up a pep rally? Are you fucking kidding me?

Why not? This guy killed thousands and did it behind a mask. And if he had his hand on you he would have cut off your head. I am happy he is dead.

Being happy he is dead is one thing. Turning it into a frat party is obnoxious and dumb. Would be nice to get to a place where 'Proud to be American' isn't synonymous with 'Proud to be stupid' to outsiders looking in at us.

And hopefully they will close the books on 9/11. Learn your lessons and move on. It's been exploited for enough bullshit in our lifetimes already.

But, as to Bin Laden's death -- not a problem. Good riddance.

<< The official said only a small group of people inside the U.S. government knew about this operation ahead of time. Another official said a "small U.S. team" was involved in the operation; but the official would not confirm any U.S. military involvement.

However, a senior defense official said U.S. Navy SEALs were involved. >>

I'd love a public humiliation regarding his body as well but it will cost innocent lives, possibly American so the cost outweigh the benefit. Although I understand why one would want it done.

The fact its taken over 9 years is not that great a thing to be celebrating. I know it shows the determination of America to never rest and be vigilant but frankly, from what I read we were own worst enemy a lot of the time.

It won't stop terrorism but symbolically it sends a message and is good for all of us.

I'd love a public humiliation regarding his body as well but it will cost innocent lives, possibly American so the cost outweigh the benefit. Although I understand why one would want it done.

The fact its taken over 9 years is not that great a thing to be celebrating. I know it shows the determination of America to never rest and be vigilant but frankly, from what I read we were own worst enemy a lot of the time.

It won't stop terrorism but symbolically it sends a message and is good for all of us.

+100

Archived