WWIII - US & Pakistan tensions increase

ozpharlap

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relationship with US is on the line, warns top Pakistani general:

THE Pakistani Army wants US soldiers out of the country and has warned any more unilateral raids on terrorist targets could end any co-operation between the two allies.

After a meeting of corps commanders in Rawalpindi, Pakistan's Chief of Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, warned the raid that killed Osama bin Laden had put the US-Pakistan relationship in serious jeopardy.

''Any similar action, violating the sovereignty of Pakistan, will warrant a review on the level of military [and] intelligence co-operation with the United States,'' General Kayani said.

Advertisement: Story continues below

He told Pakistan's top military brass he had decided ''to reduce the strength of the US military personnel in Pakistan to the minimum essential''.

It will be an almost impossible commitment to keep. The US government declares it has about 275 military trainers in Pakistan. But the real number is likely to be many times that, and the extent of the US military penetration into Pakistan is unknown by authorities within the country.

Many military and intelligence personnel occupy quasi-diplomatic roles, like the CIA spy Raymond Davis, who was in Pakistan on a diplomatic visa of the US embassy when he shot and killed two men who were allegedly trying to rob him at a traffic light.

As well, the troops who killed bin Laden flew out of Afghanistan to reach the al-Qaeda leader in Abbottabad, and were out of Pakistani airspace before authorities had managed to react.

And the US is by far Pakistan's largest aid donor, committing $3 billion this year.

As the relationship founders, the US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, one of the first to suggest last year that some in the Pakistan military might be harbouring Osama bin Laden, was conciliatory yesterday.

''It is not always an easy relationship … but, on the other hand, it is a productive one for both our countries,'' Mrs Clinton said.

General Kayani said yesterday the US found bin Laden only after an initial tip-off from the Pakistani authorities, and accused the US of failing to co-operate in return.

''While the CIA developed intelligence based on initial information provided by [inter Services Intelligence], it did not share further development of intelligence on the case with ISI, contrary to the existing practice between the two services,'' he said.

A military spokesman told the Herald that Pakistani intelligence had monitored mobile phone calls and text messages allegedly sent by bin Laden, and that this had been shared with the Americans.

Link

Davis's killing of two Pakistan men started the problem. He claimed diplomatic immunity whereas the Pakistan people want justice. They claim he murdered the men.

Then the raid on Bin Ladens lair didn't help matters. Today's news claims there wasn't a 40 minute fire fight. That apparently was created to make the story sound good.

The big issue is [color:red]"Pakistan a souverign country or a 'territory' of the USA?"[/color]

Davis's killing of two Pakistan men started the problem. He claimed diplomatic immunity whereas the Pakistan people want justice. They claim he murdered the men.

Then the raid on Bin Ladens lair didn't help matters. Today's news claims there wasn't a 40 minute fire fight. That apparently was created to make the story sound good.

The big issue is [color:red]"Pakistan a souverign country or a 'territory' of the USA?"[/color]

The real question is "Was Pakistan harboring the most wanted man in the world". And if that question is yes, then Pakistan needs to give up their entire nuclear arsenal immediately. Every time the United States was to conduct an operation in Pakistan to kill Bin Laden, we let the ISI in on our operation and we always seem to miss him by just a couple of hours? Coincidence? I don't think so. I am going to take a wild guess that Pakistan has been harboring this fugitive for awhile. So fuck the ISI. They can take the 3 billion dollars we annually send them and shove it up their arse! Pakistan is far from a sovereign nation, they are an enemy of the Unites States, yet no one has the balls to say that. I guess I will be called "radical" for saying that but at least someone has too.

[color:brown]"And the US is by far Pakistan's largest aid donor, committing $3 billion this year."[/color]

I haz enemy of u

please send me $3 billion and I will not let you know where enemy is hiding.

Archived