WWIII - US & Pakistan tensions increase

ozpharlap

U know that Pakistan as a sovereign entity was dreamed-up by a couple guys educated and staying in Great Britain. Such a great idea opposed to all this 'everybody living together and adapting to differences' shit, right?

They probably drew inspiration from the folks that brought you the current Thai/Cambo border. Wonderful lads.

No joke!

<< Apart from cultural legacies, it seems that [color:blue]Mohammad Ali Jinnah[/color] left a legacy as one of the most controversially portrayed figures in contemporary Asian history. From an Indian perspective, Jinnah tends to be depicted as a cunning and relentless force that compromised the unity of India to create Pakistan, for a range of religious, cultural, political, and personal motives; on the other hand Jaswant Singh, a member of Parliament and several times cabinet minister of the Indian government, viewed [color:blue]Jawaharlal Nehru[/color], not Mohammad Ali Jinnah, as causing the division of India into two separate states for Muslims and Hindus, mostly referring to his highly centralised policies for an independent India in 1947, which Jinnah opposed in favour of a more decentralised India. The split between the two was among the causes of two separate nations. [color:red]It is believed that personal animosity between the two leaders led to the creation of two separate nations of Pakistan and India.[/color] >>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_Jinnah

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pakistan is a joke - how the fuck did these people get a nuclear arsenal ?

Seems you've never taken an advance math class (neither have I' date=' but I looked in the classroom :nahnah: ) . You'd be surrounded by them and Indian students. [/quote']

Wasn't the U.S. citizen that was born in Pakistan that tried to blow up a car in Times Square also have an engineering degree? Fortunately, he was an inept terrorist.

Seems you've never taken an advance math class (neither have I' date=' but I looked in the classroom :nahnah: ) . You'd be surrounded by them and Indian students. [/quote']

Wasn't the U.S. citizen that was born in Pakistan that tried to blow up a car in Times Square also have an engineering degree? Fortunately, he was an inept terrorist.

He probably studied engineerit at the University of Alabama beacause he couldn't get into Auburn. :nahnah:

Shahzad studied for five semesters in 1997 and 1998 at the now-defunct Southeastern University in Washington, D.C., where he took mostly business classes, receiving several Cs and Ds, an F in basic statistics, and a grade point average of 2.78.[33] In December 1998 he was granted an F-1 student visa.[34] In 1999 he was placed on a US Customs (later merged into DHS) travel lookout list called the "Traveler Enforcement Compliance System".[35]

In 2000 he transferred to the University of Bridgeport, where more than a third of the students were foreign students.[3] Shahzad's former teachers at the University of Bridgeport said he appeared to be quiet and unremarkable. On weekends, he would go to Bengali-theme nightclubs in New York City. A classmate remembered him watching new footage of the planes hitting the Twin Towers in the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and saying: "They had it coming."[3] He received a B.A. in computer applications and information systems,[3][34] with his parents attending his graduation on May 13, 2002.[36] Just before graduation, in April 2002, he was granted an H1-B visa for skilled workers.[34] He remained in the U.S. for three years on that visa, earning an M.B.A at the University of Bridgeport in 2005.[34]

I am always amazed, that the people who are anti-western, always go and get the benefits of the western world, before they then want to blow it up!

i.e. Britain: Muslims leave their homeland and go to Britain, because it's better there, then they set about trying to turn the place into their homeland, only colder.

I'm no psychologist but there seems to be a couple different types. There's the type that never did fit in the west. They were different, had few western friends. Maybe had their culture or country looked down upon by the larger society generally.

There's also the type that fit in a bit too well. By that I mean they completely adopted the western life and changed. Eventually they get some sort of personal crisi where they revert back to their old culture and religion for solace and comfort.

I've also read in many such cases, not just foreigners but with domestic terrorists as well, some traumatic event happens. Its either a girl, a broken heart or unrequited love or they lost their career or failed at something. After the Oklahoma bomber failed out of some sort of military special forces group (think it was ranger school, can't recall), he went batty.

But women are a major one. Women have been the reason behind a few nut jobs doing what they do. Women have the reputation for loving too deeply but its really us men that pour hour hearts and soul into someone we love. I think its the testosterone. When we lose it over romance we need to hit something or destroy some thing or some one. Women just cry and eat too much cake and ice cream. I think their estrogen affects them differently than our testosterone. That's just my guess.

Losing a career, promotion, job, also has its effects. Many of us could identify or at least sympathize with the Michael Douglas character in 'Falling Down'. Sometimes we make our jobs or career define us and when we lose that we have lost our identity to the world. Our sense of self worth has gone.

You forgot the Chinese. Oh, wait .... we really are in it up to our necks, arent we ?

Flasher, you are an educated man - I'm sure you realise that Pakistan and India are *both* a potpourri of tribes/religions, many of whom have no particular interest in living with one another. As an Aussie-Indian guy told me once 'India is about 15 different countries within a single border'.

I was heartened by a doco they ran here recently, showing a well-off Indian who was prepared to help the 'untouchable' poor, to the point of bathing them. When leaned on by the his family and the Brahmin hierarchy, he responded with 'Fine - I am no longer a Brahmin !'. That's the kind of humanity we need, but people like that are vastly outnumbered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmin

Flasher, you are an educated man - I'm sure you realise that Pakistan and India are *both* a potpourri of tribes/religions, many of whom have no particular interest in living with one another. As an Aussie-Indian guy told me once 'India is about 15 different countries within a single border'.

I was heartened by a doco they ran here recently, showing a well-off Indian who was prepared to help the 'untouchable' poor, to the point of bathing them. When leaned on by the his family and the Brahmin hierarchy, he responded with 'Fine - I am no longer a Brahmin !'. That's the kind of humanity we need, but people like that are vastly outnumbered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmin

India also has the 3rd largest moslem population in the world behind Indonesia and Pakistan.

Neither country wants a war. Neither will use the bomb. Pakistan is as scared of anyone of a fundie getting their hands on a bomb.

Well given that Pakistan appears to have harboured Osama and some other fella recently. You have to ask, where are their nukes and which terrorists are they harbouring in the next street?

Archived