question for the Aussie's

passingthru69

I have a question or 2 for the Aussie's here on this board.

What is going on in your home country that we here in the states are shipping ove a huge amount of Cat equipment?

The last several months the company I'm with and several other companies have been moving big wheel loaders and other units?

I'm talking the 992k models and 994 models.

What are you all rebuilding or building that you need all this big stuff?

Thanks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This country is going through an economic boom, we are rich in minerals and resources and we are selling off everything except the kitchen sink.

We're now ripping up good agricultural lands to exploit natural gas deposits and clean coal seams.

We are also in very close proximity to those Asian countries that are also doing well, with relatively safe and direct ocean routes (India, China, Thailand).

Indeed, there was a report on the radio this morning that one leading economic forecast division tips the aussie dollar to soar to US 170.00 by 2014, but sure, many things could happen before then - like they re-find OBL alive and well, and shoot him again, this time in a bunker on the moon playing cards with Elvis :beer:

Ok, I was wondering what was going on.

There is a ship going out later this week and I have another ld. to Del. Tues this week going out I believe next week..

Thing that got me was about a year and half ago we took a 992 wheel loader to the port and it was going to Thailand.

Ok, So we're back in Los about 3 weeks later and stop at the Cat. dealer near the family home.

Was wondering when it would come in and where in Thailand it was going.

They all had this dumb look on their faces and said we do not sell anything that big.

Well somebody in your company did and here's the pics and port of discharge info here.

Never did get to see how they hauled it there in LOS..

When I lived in Central QLD, it wasnt unusual to see some truly gigantic machinery being trucked out to the mines - major logistical exercise when they cant go under railway bridges or the like, and often extends well across into the oncoming lane. Unfortunately, while a country like Sweden or Norway would plough the money back into hi-tech projects and education, a lot of our mining boom goes to incompetent pollies who lack vision but enjoy feathering their own nests.

As Oz stated most probably mineral mining, a lot of hardware was lost in the floods and they are having to re equip.

Another probability is The Gorgan Project located on Barrow Island off the NW of Australia, USD 25 Billion LNG plant, one of the biggest Oil & Gas Projects ever undertaken in the world.

Coss

They would not accept you!

Just reminded me of one of the funniest lines I ever heard when an Aussie mate was off to the bathroom to deposit his lunch down the toilet

"I am off to give birth to a Kiwi"

Classic!

Archived