Stick's column

Coss

... A family friend married an Italian POW after the war,and despite having lived in the UK for over 60 years and being well liked he was always thought of as " the Italian "...

Yes, but it does not mean that it is a bad thing. As in Australia, they're many Greeks and many Italians, and they adhere to their own cultural upbringings, and maybe we call them Greeks and Italians but in an affectionate stand off way, not because they are who they are ... after all, most of them speak in an Australian twang :beer:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having been a reader of Stickman's works for centuries I sometimes get the impression that somebody else has written one or the other Weekly . Such as this very last one .

I agree ... the writing style does not at all seem like Stickie. Maybe he's on holiday and Galt is filling in for him. :hmmm:

p.s. I have ghost written on a few rare occasions, but I know enough to copy the style.

<< This has nothing to do with LOS especially. Asian countries/societies are more or less xenophob ... >>

Reminds me of the time I made the mistake of refering to the BeeGees as Australian. A colleague from Melbourne nearly jumped down my throat!

"THEY'RE NOT AUSSIES! THEY ARE BLOODY POMS!"

Seems they were born on the Isle of Man and have only lived in Oz since the 1950s. Sort of like English wetbacks. :(

Whatever. So is the PM a furriner then? :hmmm:

Having been a reader of Stickman's works for centuries I sometimes get the impression that somebody else has written one or the other Weekly . Such as this very last one .

I agree ... the writing style does not at all seem like Stickie. Maybe he's on holiday and Galt is filling in for him. :hmmm:

p.s. I have ghost written on a few rare occasions' date=' but I know enough to copy the style.

[/quote']

But Stick writes at the end, and I quote:

"Reading over this week's column as I was giving it the final once over, tidying up the language and hopefully catching the inevitable typos, I was struck by how negative some of it was. I started to wonder how fair and representative what I had written was of what is happening out there. I tried to re-read it with an open mind, checking that I had facts correct and whether I had been balanced in my perspective and analysis. As I read each individual news item and each story, I considered them individually and in each case I am comfortable that what I've written is fair. The funny thing is that when I went out this week, I actually had a fun time in the bars and bar areas, so just where the negativity has come from, I'm not sure. So even for a boring guy who hardly drinks and who is admittedly on a bit of a downer over the nightlife, I can confirm that it still is fun! Don't let me put you off!"

So, it must be his writings or has he quips, ramblings :beer:

I have no clue if the latest Stickman assessment of ze Thai people is true or not . What I can tell is that at the occasion of the tsunami there have been myriads of Thais of all classes buzy helping falangs without asking for compensation .

What , oh bretheren , would the lady with damaged car who did not care about the falang under his motorcycle do in the same situation if man with motorcycle would have been Thai ?

Bull shit. Looking ems happiness just means they went to suk. Thailand has a huge range. Your fantasy's are not included.

Could you explain in plain English?

He can't . I am sure Khun NG spent hours over this statement using all his capacity for refinements and make it a timeless masterpiece . Though I don't understand it either .

Bull shit. Looking ems happiness just means they went to suk. Thailand has a huge range. Your fantasy's are not included.

Could you explain in plain English?

He can't . I am sure Khun NG spent hours over this statement using all his capacity for refinements and make it a timeless masterpiece . Though I don't understand it either .

In short, I think NG just meant you cannot gauge an opinion just hanging out at Sukhumvit whore houses and Thailand has so much to offer, and variety, and because of that you cannot just go off the bad experiences of a few disgruntled expats or whore mongers (and for added stress, we should not include indulgees (sic) in wild sex fantasies within the survey target group) :beer:

Archived