Step into my Time Machine ...

gobbledonk

Rush and Hawkwind both had multiple albums in my vinyl collection, and its not hard to see the Budgie influence in Geddy's vocals. 'Time Stand Still' remains one of my favourite tracks of all time, and it gets more poignant with each passing year.

Alas, we are now in the era of 'Screamo' and pale imitations of earlier metal greats. The term 'hardcore' means different things within each genre - all neatly compartmentalised for Wikipedia and iTunes cover notes.

I dunno - a gay man using the term 'Brown Dirt Cowboy' on an album cover ? Call me Lady GaGa, but isnt that just a tad obvious ?

Elton is Captain Fantastic, the 'Brown Dirt Cowboy' was Bernie Taupin, the song writer, who is definitely not a pillow biter (not that there is anything wrong with that, each to their own) :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Please, not the photo of the redneck eyeing off his sister - I havent seen that one for a few years, but the image remains burned into my brain. What is particularly scary is that he looks a lot like one of the guys from Dr Hook, and they actually had female fans back in the 70s.

Archived