Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

Yup, some prophetic stuff from Steve, but then he HAD just 'beaten' cancer and was very aware of his own mortality. 56 years on the planet, but I could live 3 times that and still not have a single original idea - you are either born with that kind of creative (and marketing) genius or you arent.

Yup, some prophetic stuff from Steve, but then he HAD just 'beaten' cancer and was very aware of his own mortality. 56 years on the planet, but I could live 3 times that and still not have a single original idea - you are either born with that kind of creative (and marketing) genius or you arent.

If people could learn to be like Steve Jobs, we would have thousands like him. As someone wrote today: many imitated him but no one was able to surpass him.

I have to say, Mr Jobs made a difference to my life, a positive one.

How long before all computers become beige again?

Hey, my computer IS beige. What does that mean?

I just got a new HP printer and that is both beige and black.

A few days ago, Peder, once manager of the Texas Lone Staar past on. He was only 46 y.o. and left a 14 y.o. son and estranged wife.

The funeral was Wed and the burning on Thur.

Appears his ticker gave out.

Moonshine had a "free lunch" yesterday with the proceeds going to his wife/son.

Dan Wheldon dies following crash

LAS VEGAS -- Dan Wheldon, the 2011 Indianapolis 500 winner and one of the most popular drivers in open-wheel racing, died Sunday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in a horrific multi-car crash on Lap 11 of the IndyCar Series season finale.

Officials decided to call the race, but the drivers, many sobbing openly, did a five-lap tribute to Wheldon. IndyCar Series CEO Randy Bernard made the official announcement of Wheldon's death without further comment.

"IndyCar is very sad to announce that Dan Wheldon has passed away from unsurvivable injuries," Bernard said. "Our thoughts and prayers are with his family today. IndyCar, its drivers and owners, have decided to end the race. In honor of Dan Wheldon, the drivers have decided to do a five-lap salute to in his honor."

Wheldon, 33 and the 2005 series champion from Emberton, England, was competing in only his third IndyCar race of the season, trying to win the race and earn a $5 million bonus that was part of a league promotion for driver who didn't compete full-time in the series this year.

Wheldon was the only driver to accept the challenge. This year's Indy 500 was the second time Wheldon had won the prestigious event. He also won it in 2005.

More :(

Very sad news in deed.

I have met Dan on 2-3 occasions in the UK, one of my brother in law's is Co-Director of Wheldons a company founded by Dan's father who were his original sponsors in his early years of racing in the UK before he decided to embark on his indie career.

Bro in Law and my Sister have been to the states many times with his parents watching him race, were there for both his Indie 500 victories.

:rip:

• 2 weeks later...