Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

He had inoperable Brain Cancer hence the reason he decided to end it.

Now if I was to find myself in such a predicament I would want to end it, I am all for euthanasia but I would not jump from a bridge.

Agree - I've said it before, but the Whitney Houston method has to be a whole lot less painful and they don't have to send divers in after the body. Just leave a note apologizing to the hotel staff - simple.

He had inoperable Brain Cancer hence the reason he decided to end it.

Now if I was to find myself in such a predicament I would want to end it, I am all for euthanasia but I would not jump from a bridge.

A pretty painful way to die (jumping off a bridge) and there is always a small chance that you might survive (probably not much of a concern to someone terminally ill already). In an interview with someone that tried and survived, he said the hardest part, over all the internal injuries, broken bones and broken back, was the look on his mother's face when she saw him. I don't think I would spring killing myself unexpectedly on family and friends.

I've had this discussion with my sister, the only surviving relative I give a crap about and I think she finally understands. Its confronting, and five years ago I probably would have clung to the same entrenched Catholic view she holds. Now I don't even bat an eyelid when someone punches their own ticket - considerably better outcome than freaks like the Batman killer taking their 'pain' out on others.