Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

Sid Caesar, Ringmaster of Iconic 'Your Show of Shows,' Dead at 91

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/sid-caesar--ringmaster-of-iconic--your-show-of-shows---dead-at-91-202429267.html

Sid Caesar was the original TV king of Saturday night. Caesar, the primetime pioneer behind a breeding ground for comedy known as "Your Show of Shows," has died, his longtime friend and collaborator Carl Reiner confirmed to Yahoo. Caesar was 91.

I didn't post that, since I figured no one but older Yanks would even know who she was. She was a big name in my grandparents generation, but she was another kid star who never could make it back to the top when she got older. The most she accomplished was as the hostess of a kid's TV series. I also remember her disastrous run for Congress in California, when she failed to get elected even though California had a movie star for a governor (Reagan) and a tap dancing ex-movie star for a Senator (George Murphy). Maybe voters felt that also having an ex-child star as a Member of the House simply was too much.

You never saw her tagging hotel walls or drag racing a model-T down Hollywood Boulevarde

Sid Caesar, Ringmaster of Iconic 'Your Show of Shows,' Dead at 91

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-202429267.html

Sid Caesar was the original TV king of Saturday night. Caesar, the primetime pioneer behind a breeding ground for comedy known as "Your Show of Shows," has died, his longtime friend and collaborator Carl Reiner confirmed to Yahoo. Caesar was 91.

I didn't even know he was still alive. Thanks for the laughs, Sid. :rip:

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Devo guitarist Bob Casale died Monday, his brother and band mate announced Tuesday. Casale was 61.

140218144920-pwl-bob-casale-story-top.jpg

He was known by fans as "Bob 2" since he played alongside guitarist Bob Mothersbaugh, the brother of Devo co-founder Mark Mothersbaugh.

"As an original member of Devo, Bob Casale was there in the trenches with me from the beginning," his brother Gerald Casale said in a Facebook posting. "He was my level-headed brother, a solid performer and talented audio engineer, always giving more than he got."

The new-wave band began after Gerald Casale and Mark Mothersbaugh met as art students at Kent State University. The group wrote its first music in May 1970 -- the same month National Guard troops fired on antiwar protesters on the Kent State campus, killing four students.

Devo actively toured in recent years, including a televised performance playing at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada.

"He was excited about the possibility of Mark Mothersbaugh allowing Devo to play shows again," Gerald Casale wrote in his brother's death announcement. "His sudden death from conditions that led to heart failure came as a total shock to us all."

• Like 1

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Devo guitarist Bob Casale died Monday, his brother and band mate announced Tuesday. Casale was 61.

140218144920-pwl-bob-casale-story-top.jpg

He was known by fans as "Bob 2" since he played alongside guitarist Bob Mothersbaugh, the brother of Devo co-founder Mark Mothersbaugh.

Devo actively toured in recent years, including a televised performance playing at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada.

"He was excited about the possibility of Mark Mothersbaugh allowing Devo to play shows again," Gerald Casale wrote in his brother's death announcement. "His sudden death from conditions that led to heart failure came as a total shock to us all."

they were great live,very odd stage prescence.

time to dust off 'gut feeling'----