Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

Dean Jones, Legendary Disney Actor, Dies at 84

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/dean-jones-legendary-disney-actor-dies-at-84-128208116312.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Actor Dean Jones, perhaps best known for his acting work in such Disney films as The Love Bug and That Darn Cat, died of Parkinson’s disease Tuesday in Los Angeles. He was 84.

In addition to his appearances in films like Under the Yum-Yum Tree, The Shaggy D.A., The Million Dollar Duck, Snowball Express, Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo and Beethoven, Jones also had roles in five Broadway shows and appeared in numerous television series and special. Overall, he appeared in 46 films.

Jones was born in Decatur, Ala., and served in the Navy during the Korean War. He attended Asbury University in Kentucky, which awarded him with an honorary degress in 2002.

The actor made his Broadway debut with There Was A Little Girl with Jane Fonda in 1960, and would go on to star in Broadway’s Under the Yum-Yum Tree that same year, before starring in the 1963 film adaptation with Jack Lemmon...

....this was a bit hit show in the USA in the 60's...

Judy Carne, ‘Laugh-In’s’ ‘Sock it to Me’ Girl, Dies at 76

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/judy-carne-laugh-sock-girl-dies-76-191759568.html

Actress Judy Carne, best known for being the “Sock it to me!†girl on “Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In†in the ’60s, died on Sept. 3, according to the Telegraph. She was 76.

Carne rose to overnight fame with her appearances on “Laugh-In,†where the bouncy actress’ zany persona would be doused with water every time she uttered the phrase “Sock it to me,†accidentally or not. She acted on the sketch comedy show for two years, making the occasional appearance in the third season.

Carne was also known for her tumultuous relationship with Burt Reynolds. She was the actor’s first wife, marrying him in 1963 before they divorced in 1965. She detailed their relationship, confessing to partaking in several affairs and struggling with drug addiction, in her 1985 autobiography “Laughing on the Outside, Crying on the Inside: The Bittersweet Saga of the Sock-It-To-Me Girl.â€...

....gave the young cavanami lots of ideas....

'Adam-12' and 'Route 66' Star Martin Milner Dies

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/adam-12-route-66-star-191100421.html

Martin Milner, star of the classic TV series Adam-12 and Route 66, has died at 83, the LAPD confirms.

The iconic actors Adam-12 role in the late '60s and '70s is credited with inspiring many young people to seek careers in law enforcement, and the LAPD put up an Instagram remembering Milner, writing, "Pete Malloy you are End Of Watch... #RIP Actor Martin Milner 12/28/1931 - 09/07/2015."

Members of those great Philadelphia 76ers teams of the late 70's to mid 80's are dropping like flies. First Chocolate Thunder and now Moses Malone, who died at age 60. A great rebounder and scorer, we famously promised in 1983 that the 76ers would go "four, four and four" in their playoff rounds to the championship. He was only off by one loss. Since deaths sometimes occur in threes, if I were Doctor J, I would see my Doctor immediately and double my life insurance. Moses, RIP!