Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

I like her just for saying this

<<in a 2011 interview with the Associated Press, Collins said that she "never felt bashful writing about sex".

"I think I've helped people's sex lives," she said.

"Sex is a driving force in the world so I don't think it's unusual that I write about sex. I try to make it erotic, too.">>

Yogi Berra (the baseball player, not the bear) has died at the age of 90. Besides being one of the greatest catchers in baseball history, he was known for his "Yogisms," sayings that made little sense taken literally but made perfect sense coming from Yogi. RIP!

• 2 weeks later...

Swedish author Henning Mankell dies at the age of 67. He wrote mainly crime stories and his books were translated to 40 different languages, among them were German and English. TV series about his best known character , the small town police chief Kurt Wallander, were made several times. One of them was Brittish.

Gail Zappa dies aged 70

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/oct/08/gail-zappa-dies-aged-70-frank-zappa-widow

Gail Zappa, Frank Zappa’s widow and head of the Zappa Family Trust, died at home on Wednesday, 7 October, according to a statement released by her family. She was 70 years old.

“Gail will forever be identified as a key figure in the creative renaissance that is Laurel Canyon,†read the family’s statement, posted on Facebook. “The memories she leaves behind are indeed her own art form. Her searing intelligence, unforgettable smile, wild thicket of hair and trailing black velvets leave a blur in her wake.â€...

a4815626-ae2e-476d-b93f-886ab66524f7-2060x1368.jpeg?w=300&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

For those of you that knew Tom-Tom:

he was a regular at the Friday night free food meet ups.

large man (140Kg?)

He passed away earlier this week and on Saturday, he was cremated. The VFW was there

for a tribute ceremony and giving the US flag to his (Thai) wife.

Travel well, my friend!