Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

Here is a good read from Stickman -

http://www.stickmanb...12/Mama-Noi.htm

From Face Book:

Check Inn 99 Bangkok Wednesday 3 Feb 3.30pm Pre-cremation service Wat Klong Toei Nai. Then after the service final drinks and light dinner at Checkinn99 eulogies and repeat slide show on her life - excerpt from Dirk Claus' Der Spiegel documentary featuring Mama Noi.

CARL WOLF

I don't know if Carl was ever a posting member of what was Nanaplaza.Com and I don't know if any current members remember him but he used to regularly attend the Friday evening gatherings at Gulliver's between 2004-2006, usually in the company of his friend "RickFarang" He was a slender man of medium height and had worked at APPLE for many years. Later, through a chance meeting on an airplane flight, he left Bangkok for a job with DELL in China. That job proved to be a nightmare and he returned to Bangkok sometime after 2010.

I reacquainted with Carl through the local film industry as he was an actor in many locally made TV commercials, TV shows and movie productions.

I was just entering that business and ran into Carl by chance at a casting four years ago. He was very helpful to me and introduced me to many people who were instrumental in me getting some very good jobs. We became part of a small circle that would meet weekly just to have a few laughs and complain about whatever was worth complaining about.

Early last year he surprised us by announcing that he had come to the conclusion that he had had enough of Thailand and was selling his condo and returning to the US. He had settled on Jacksonville, FL and about six months later, said his "good-bye's".

Last Friday, I received word via Facebook that Carl had passed away. His friends here in Bangkok, including myself had absolutely no idea he was ill but it seems he had gone through severally major surgeries recently. Carl was an intensely private person and he never mentioned his illnesses to anyone. We don't know the cause of his death.

Carl was an energetic and funny guy; reminiscent of Robin Williams with a manic laugh and animated style. He was a good friend and will be missed.

dddave