Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

Yes RIP. He and J. Cleese etc. made Fawlty Towers one of the best things ever on TV.I think he had a brother who was also famous,being the MC on the show " The good old days " not my cup of tea but quite popular at the time.

No, No and thrice No, Leonard Sachs was not related, he was a South African whom happened to have the same surname who also happened to be fined for "importuning me for immoral purposes" in the mid 80's always a weirdo that one

Back to Manuel,

When I was resident engineer in Madrid 6 years ago the Lead Engineer for the Spanish company was "From Barcelona" and his two most common phrases in meetings were "Que?" and "I no nothing" ... many a time I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. Only on one occasion did I act unprofessional when discussing the dimensions of a structure and I requested "Amphibious Landing-Craft Shape" my fellow Brit oppo was choking on his coffee, I whispered into his ear "at least I didn't mention the war" coffee spat out all across the table ... gotta have a laugh at work doesn't one.

• Like 1

We've lost two culinary giants in the last week; first, Michael "Jim" Delligati, the inventor of the Big Mac, died. Then this week, Chef Peng Chang-kuei, General Tso’s Chicken Inventor, dies. Is it a coincidence that both men died at age 98? They must not have partaken much in their own creations.

Every American of my age, because of the constant barrage of commercials, knows the ingredients that go into making a Big Mac. It's the special sauce that differentiates the Big Mac from a hamburger. The few times that I order one, I have them hold the special sauce because I can't stand it.