Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

"I always was a bit of an iconoclast, as Robin (Williams) was in the film," Cronauer said in 1999. "But I was not anti-military, or anti-establishment. I was anti-stupidity. And you certainly do run into a lot of stupidity in the military."

Got that right. One of the first things I was ordered to do in VN was dig a hole under water. :sad:

• 4 weeks later...

Kofi Annan died today, previous Secretary General of the UN. A most remarkable person within the limited possibilities of his job. When I celebrated my 50th birthday ( not long ago,  lots of laughter ) at the Petersberg Hotel above the Rhine valley he came along asking what the party was about. And he was told that the Great Bubi turned 50 and he wished me well. Rest in peace Kofi, I shall always remember you.

• Like 2

Senator John McCain, U.S. navy pilot and POW during the Vietnam war and two term Congressman and six term Senator and the 2008 GOP nominee for President, died today.  He said that he never received an apology from President Trump for disparaging McCain’s military service.  Trump can now say nice things about Senator McCain but if he were my father, there is no way that I’d allow Trump to attend the funeral or any family services for Senator McCain.  RIP!!!