Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

On 4/26/2020 at 1:52 AM, YimSiam said:

The great Brian Dennehy a few days again - not the virus, apparently - brilliant character actor on screen who was reportedly outstanding in major stage roles as well - totally formative figures in my youth, the First Blood sheriff, the pilot in Never Cry Wolf, and so on.  Just always seemed like a guy you'd love to be friends with.

Buried in a giant clam I heard

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 8:46 AM, Coss said:

Someone whom, I never had the pleaseure of meeting,, but who was closer to us as a group, than you might at first, imagine.

September last year, RIP

Ben Findon

https://secondhandsongs.com/artist/30197

Was one of the good guys, some great stories behind the songs, but as KS said some strories best not repeated here. RIP mate, 

• 4 weeks later...

Honor Blackman, James Bond's Pussy Galore, dies aged 94

Actor also known for role in Avengers praised as ‘hugely prolific creative talent’ by family

Peter Bradshaw on Honor Blackman: an elegant and witty star who never took herself too seriously
Honor Blackman: a life in pictures

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/apr/06/honor-blackman-james-bond-pussy-galore-avengers-dies-aged-94

• 2 weeks later...

Ricky Valance Dies: Singer For Controversial ‘Tell Laura I Love Her’ Was 84

Ricky Valance, whose controversial song Tell Laura I Love Her was briefly banned by the BBC, has died after a long battle with dementia. His agent confirmed the death and said he was hospitalized since March.

Born David Spencer, Valance became the first Welshman to have a solo UK Number One hit with Tell Laura I Love Her in 1960. He had been in the Air Force before embarking on a music career.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly he was the father of the "meathead".

Carl Reiner, Comedy Legend and ‘Dick Van Dyke Show’ Creator, Dies at 98

Carl Reiner, the writer, producer, director and actor who was part of Sid Caesar’s legendary team and went on to create “The Dick Van Dyke Show” and direct several hit films, has died. He was 98.

He died of natural causes on Monday night at his home in Beverly Hills, his assistant Judy Nagy confirmed to Variety.

Reiner, the father of filmmaker and activist Rob Reiner, was the winner of nine Emmy awards, including five for “The Dick Van Dyke Show.” His most popular films as a director included “Oh God,” starring George Burns, in 1977; “The Jerk,” with Steve Martin, in 1979; and “All of Me,” with Martin and Lily Tomlin, in 1984....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/carl-reiner-comedy-legend-dick-132721154.html

Charlie Daniels, Fiddling Force in Country and Rock, Dies at 83

He was a singer, songwriter, bandleader and a blazing fiddle player on hits like “The Devil Went Down to Georgia.” His politics swung, too, from left to right.

Charlie Daniels, the singer, songwriter and bandleader who was a force in both country and rock for decades, bringing a brash, down-home persona and blazing fiddle work to hits like “The Devil Went Down to Georgia,” died on Monday in Nashville. He was 83.

His publicist announced the death, at Summit Medical Center in the Hermitage section of the city, saying the cause was a hemorrhagic stroke.