Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

On 7/14/2020 at 4:28 PM, YimSiam said:

Can't help but appreciate that Fedex is the force behind the eventually change of name, as they are shocked - just shocked!- to have such a racist name and symbol affiliated with their organization and its principled views...  Dude, you're 20 years into a 27 year sponsorship arrangement with the team - NOW you're suddenly shocked and offended!?  Day late and a dollar short, Fedex - and when you're in express shipping, timing is everything!  

OK, I hand this thread back over to the recently departed - and just to keep on track, I give you:  Benjamin Keough, gunshot suicide.  

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-07-12/grandson-of-elvis-presley-has-died-at-age-27-agent-says

109273353_205583007571062_5240492994964745649_n.jpg

Olivia de Havilland, Golden Age of Hollywood star, dies at 104

She made her breakthrough in Captain Blood, opposite Errol Flynn, and the pair developed an immediate chemistry.

De Havilland was then cast in the role of Melanie in David O Selznick's epic adaptation of the Margaret Mitchell novel, Gone with the Wind.

She lost the best supporting actress Oscar to Hattie McDaniel, who played Mammy in the film.

But she did win a Best Actress Oscar in 1946 for her role in To Each His Own, and then a second for The Heiress in 1949.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53546021

Who even knew she was still alive?

• 3 weeks later...

Robert Trump, the president’s younger brother, dead at 71

President Donald Trump's younger brother, Robert Trump, a businessman known for an even keel that seemed almost incompatible with the family name, died Saturday night after being hospitalized in New York, the president said in a statement. He was 71.

The president visited his brother at a New York City hospital on Friday after White House officials said he had become seriously ill. Officials did not immediately release a cause of death.

"It is with heavy heart I share that my wonderful brother, Robert, peacefully passed away tonight," Donald Trump said in a statement. “He was not just my brother, he was my best friend. He will be greatly missed, but we will meet again. His memory will live on in my heart forever. Robert, I love you. Rest in peace.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/robert-trump-president-younger-brother-022805753.html

• 1 month later...

As good as Eddie Van Halen was, I wouldn’t place him at the same table as Stevie Vai or the 2 Joes Satriani and Bonomassa.

He was in the wrong band, a West Coast hair band who were banded together with the likes of Motley Crue, Poison, Extreme etc, bands who wrote 3 Minute Pop Songs and had Mainstream Girls at their concerts when concerts, made much like the MCC and Garrick Club, were the last bastions of maledom. If you picked up a chick from a Sabbath or Motörhead gig you could be sure she would gargle before swallowing. 
Would Vai / Satriani / Bonomassa have recorded Jump or appeared on a Michael Jackson single? No way ... he was a Pop Star and not a Rock Icon.

5 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

<<If you picked up a chick from a Sabbath or Motörhead gig you could be sure she would gargle before swallowing. >>

Oh - how I want to copy that, but not sure where. Maybe time to change my tag line

I do like to keep it classy