Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

Dusty Hill, the bassist of US blues rock band ZZ Top, has died at the age of 72.

Bandmates Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard said that Hill died in his sleep at his home in Houston, Texas. They did not give further details.

Earlier in July, ZZ Top had announced that Hill would not play some upcoming shows due to a hip injury.

Known for his bushy beard and sunglasses, Hill played with ZZ Top for over 50 years.

"We, along with legions of ZZ Top fans around the world, will miss your steadfast presence, your good nature, and enduring commitment to providing that monumental bottom to the 'Top'," the statement from Gibbons and Beard said.

"You will be missed greatly, amigo."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58006978  

There goes another part of my childhood.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Today Wilbur Smith, famous South African writer passed away. I owe this fellow numerous fascinating hours reading ALL his books, most of them repeatedly. Currently as it happens buzy with ASSEGAI again. Although his death is finally not a big loss because he decided to continue his business using co-writers probably just giving his name away. These works were all plain rubbish and thrown away by BuBi after a maximum of 20 pages reading. Bangkok based Stephen Leather is on the same wrong path as it looks and turns out to be unreadable. MOVING TARGETS, what a piece of shit.

Khun Wilbur dedicated most of his books to his wife, praising her over the moon until he seemed to have found another one. Totally bagged 4 as it looks.

May he rest in peace, I wish I found another one like him.

Slight correction, Stephen Leather never has been “Bangkok Based” he was “Hong Kong Based” in the Mid 90’s when he worked for South China Morning Post and used to take R’n’R in Bangkok.

It was his Bangkok experiences and hanging around in “Jool’s” (Fatso’s in the Novel) which was the background for “Private Dancer.

He still visits Thailand now and again.