Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

Legendary American football coach and commentator John Madden has died at the age of 85, the National Football League (NFL) has reported.

The league said he died unexpectedly and did not give a cause.

Madden led the then-Oakland Raiders to their first Super Bowl victory in 1977 and became a hugely popular television analyst after retiring from coaching.

He later became the face of Madden NFL Football, one of the most successful sports video games ever.

"Nobody loved football more than Coach," NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59814542

• 2 weeks later...

Meat Loaf, singer whose Bat Out Of Hell album is one of the best-selling of all time, dies aged 74.

The news was confirmed on the star's Facebook page by his family.

"Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight with his wife Deborah by his side," a message read.

"Daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends have been with him throughout the last 24 hours."

The star sold 100 million albums worldwide - Bat Out of Hell remains one of the top 10 sellers of all time - and appeared in movies such as Fight Club, Focus, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Wayne's World.
Link

13 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

I really liked him. Liked his music, and he didn't seem to be a wanker in real life. RIP

Plus I had some great sex in cars when 17 listening to Paradise By the Dashboard Light 

Plus the girl in the clip was hot

If idiot is the same as a wanker he was- refused vaccinations and using masks as did not want to be 'controlled' Of course other idiots will claim he died with covid not from it.

Only 62 years too late he died in 1960, do try to keep up.

You will find Meatloaf sold a lot more records than Cochran (100 Million), had higher charting Albums v Album and Singles than Cochran, had a career from 1968 to 2022, 55 years v 1955 to 1960, 6 years.

I never event liked the fat cunt but the figures show he was more iconic than Cochran.