Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

Followed by Aussie Great

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-17/renee-geyer-australian-soul-singer-dies/101862142

Australian soul singer Renee Geyer — who shot to fame in the 1970s and became known for her husky vocals — has died, aged 69. 

Key points:

• Renee Geyer was born in Melbourne in 1953 and began a career in the 1970s that spanned more than five decades
  • She is known for her husky vocals, and worked with international stars including Sting, Chaka Khan and Joe Cocker
  • Geyer was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame in 2005

In a statement, Geyer's family said the singer passed away from complications following hip surgery.

"While in hospital, it was discovered that Renee also had inoperable lung cancer," the statement, issued on behalf of Geyer's family by the Mushroom Group, read.

"She was in no pain and died peacefully amongst family and friends.

"Naturally we are all utterly devastated."

The Melbourne-born singer rose to fame in the 1970s, spending the first few years of the decade moving between different bands, including jazz-rock group Sun, with whom she recorded the album Sun 1972.

On 1/17/2023 at 7:05 AM, My Penis is hungry said:

Nooooo - she was stunning

Sir, about, well,  60 years ago or maybe more a salesman from an Opel ( Automotive ) shop was trying to sell my father an Opel-car. Unit called Rekord P2 . Watching the rearlights both gentlemen under my close supervision were joking and pointing at the rear lights they agreed :` Looks like the Lollo` is what they said  accompanied by thunderous laughter . Which is why the Lollobrigida has become part of earliest memories. What I tell you here is the truth.

Fahrzeug / Der Autojäger

Furthermore I may confirm my father finally decided for an Opel P1 , against my recommendation:

image.jpeg.573e63a79616df29415d464b715bf1ff.jpeg

As tome goes by, folks. Earliest memories.

• 3 weeks later...

He wrote some classics that a lot of people don’t realise are his compositions, amongst them

• Walker Brother.    Make it easy on yourself
  • The Carpenters.   Close to you 
  • Aretha Franklin.    I Say a little prayer
  • Elvis Costello       God give me strength 

And my fave version of a Burt composition