Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

1 hour ago, My Penis is hungry said:

What I didn't know till now was that he had been a very popular politician before entering TV

I knew about that, working for JFK, Lawyer and Mayor of Cincinnati etc  because he had appeared on numerous UK shows such as QI and Have I Got News for You

But even with the magic of entering one's text inside the quote codes of the message quoted, no I have not seen  Les Patterson's segment on Bangkok.

I'm seeking it out, or at least it's on the list of things one seeks out as the time is available, which these days, is relatively often.

MLG gets back today, so picture the albatross' pair bonding dance. https://tinyurl.com/3b7d5wbs

• 3 weeks later...

Tina Turner, the pioneering rock’n’roll star who became a pop behemoth in the 1980s, has died aged 83 after a long illness.

She had suffered ill health in recent years, being diagnosed with intestinal cancer in 2016 and having a kidney transplant in 2017.

Source

She was a icon here in OZ not so much for her music but her role in promoting Rugby League (NFL without padding and helmets) to those from the US etc.

"There was a lot of opposition to it [the promotion] because we were using at the time, and it was stated, a black American grandmother to promote the game of rugby league and that was very controversial,"

Frequently referred to one of the best sports marketing campaigns here in Australia ever.

• Like 1