Global RIP thread

khunsanuk

Aussies and Kiwis will know his work.

One of Australia's best-known satirists, John Clarke, has died at the age of 68.

An ABC spokesman confirmed that Clarke died on Sunday while hiking in the Grampians National Park in Victoria. He died from natural causes.

found another

Farnarkeling

Farnarkeling is a sport which began in Mesopotamia, which literally means ‘between the rivers’. This would put it somewhere in Victoria or New South Wales between the Murray and the Darling.

The word Farnarkeling is Icelandic in structure, Urdu in metre and Celtic in the intimacy of its relationship between meaning and tone.

Farnarkeling is engaged in by two teams whose purpose is to arkle, and to prevent the other team from arkeling, using a flukem to propel a gonad through sets of posts situated at random around the periphery of a grommet.

Arkeling is not permissible, however, from any position adjacent to the phlange (or leiderkrantz) or from within 15 yards of the wiffenwacker at the point where the shifting tube abuts the centre-line on either side of the 34 metre mark, measured from the valve at the back of the defending side’s transom-housing.

Greg Allman of the Allman Bros dies at 69.

When I first moved to California to get residency for college I worked a year moving pianos. Delivered one to Greg Allman and Cher (together at the time). Both very nice and a decent tipper!!

• Like 1

The Grim Reaper has really been busy lately. Two more "winning play in the dead pool" for May 2018 were Manuel Noriega, and Zbigniew Brzezinski

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/manuel-noriega-ousted-panamanian-dictator-dead-83-n730291

http://time.com/4796571/zbigniew-brzezinski-dead-jimmy-carter-adviser/

Neither one matters enough to me for me to make any long comments.

Jack O’Neill, who paved the way for today’s coldwater surfers with his invention of the neoprene wetsuit has died in his home at the age of 94.

Friends close to the surf legend confirmed his passing and told KSBW he died of natural causes Friday morning.