Bobae building?

hawaiijohn

A couple of years ago, a Thai friend took me to a round building, several stories (6?) that I believe had the words Bobae posted on it. It seemed to contain a large number of wholesale clothing dealers. Does anyone know where this building is located?

Take the 511 air con bus and once you get past Pan Tip (bus going toward Khao San Road area) be on the lookout on the left side. Several places to exit and a short walk down on of the sois leading there.

#2 bus also goes by there, but no air con.

Bobae is not in Pratunam.

Bobae Tower/Market

BOBAE market is well known to be the center of garment wholesale for over 30 years. Today, Bobae Tower revolutionizes the garment wholesale business by having well over 700 shops all under one roof with our- condition and facilities for the customer's convenience making BoBae Tower the biggest garment wholesale center in Thailand. By having over 700 wholesale shops selling best quality garment products at reasonable prices is the reason why you should shop at BoBae Tower. Furthermore, BoBae Tower offers you shipping services to send your cargo worldwide. BoBae Tower is situated in the heart of Bangkok where transportation is the most convenient. For more information, click here or visit "www.bobaetower.com"

If you want to avoid the traffic, you can get there quicker on the canal boat service. It actually stops right by Bobae market.

The quickest way I find to get there if you are coming from Sukhumvit is to take the BTS to Ratchatewi and then walk back over the bridge across the canal staying on the west side of the bridge. Then go down some steps to the canal at the foot of the bridge. The boat stops right there and will take about 10 minutes to get to Bobae for about 8 Baht.

If you want a more scenic route going back to Sukhumvit, don't get off the boat at Ratchatewi but stay on it to Pratunam. It terminates there and you can get on another boat which will take you on to Soi 3 near Nana, and so on if you wish.

Yep, Prince Palace hotel es next to Bobae tower, used to be my base hotel for several years, cheap when booked via greenwoodtravel.

Easy to get to via canal boat from Pratunam intersection.

I liked the place when they had all the stalls along klong Krung Krasem running 24h and the surrounding sois.

The cops shut down the stall alongside the klongs(stall Mafia). There still is a fruit market on the street.

Quality of the tissues sold is low, people come to buy clothes for their shops/stalls from all over Thailand.

Bobae tower itself has many floors containing hundreds of clothes shops.

Nowadays Prince Palace hotel is loaded with Russians.

Archived