KL-Phuket transfers

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

i've been advised by a trusted source KL airport is a bit of a mad rush when transfering. i have a 2 hour stop over and really dont relish missing my connecting flight to phuket and coughing up money for hotels and missed flights. experience anyone?

Guest lazyphil

actually i emember now i flew with malaysia via kl to bkk on my first time to thailand, cant remember if i had any dramas......

Guest lazyphil

yep same carrier malaysia, surely its their duty to make sure you board and for security reasons since my bag will be transfered??

Guest lazyphil

thanks, just more anxious than i ever used to be. have not got the time or money if thinks go belly up and cost me extra and go over budget. it'll be ok!

The low cost carrier terminal is a madhouse, but my recollection of KLIA when I flew Malaysia is that its reasonably orderly and sane. May have changed - that was my first trip to KL and I had no idea what I was in for. The serene taxi ride into the city just doesnt prepare you for the lunacy of the CBD. Still the worst place I've encountered for:

- panhandlers, including guys dressed as monks

- really ugly ladyboys (scary ugly)

- aggressive streetwalkers, including some of the aforementioned LBs

Its a shame because I enjoy a lot of things about KL and I really like other parts of Malaysia and most of the Malays I've encountered. My derelict mansion in Ipoh isnt going anywhere - I just need a couple of million to bring it back to life.

gobble...i live in Ipoh...I love alot of the old architecture and see the potential in a lot of the buildings in the city. wish more did, because it could be a beautiful city if more people fixed up the old places and took better care of them.

never encountered the LBs in KL (other than the hostess in Hard Rock lol), nor the aggressive streetwalkers. I guess we hang out at different places !

Archived